alphalimafoxtrot's slide in camper FYI

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
alphalimafoxtrot

alphalimafoxtrot's slide in camper FYI

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

Morning, all!

Adam Lee aka alphalimafoxtrot here, with news about my planned camper install job. It is done!
Here she is, my new 2018 FWC Grandby slide in camper mounted atop my 2017 Chevy 2500HD double-cab.
IMG_4040.jpg
IMG_4039.jpg
IMG_4038.jpg
The guys at Main Line Overland's Bow, NH location did a great job. I am very pleased with the camper and its features, which does include a rear-mounted a/c which is not a usual option for most of these.

You can't see the rooftop, but I also have a 160-watt solar panel that will keep things humming along, constantly charging my dual AGM batteries as well.

Propane stove, hot water heater, 15k btu cabin heater, outside shower hose option, queen size bed up top, side dinette, 130L 2-way fridge/freezer, and full exterior LED flood/marker lights.

More pics to come! My wife and I are visiting family in the Boston area, about an hour south of Bow, NH. Just got the camper done yesterday (Monday) and I have all week to check it out while we are here!

Adam
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
GasGuzzler

Re: alphalimafoxtrot's slide in camper FYI

Post by GasGuzzler »

Post a pic with the top swole up.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
alphalimafoxtrot

GasGuzzler wrote:Post a pic with the top swole up.
Yep, that's exactly what you'll be seeing once I get out and about later today. Thanks for checking in!

By the way, my 2500HD with 4.10 gears and 6.0 liter gasser matches the camper perfectly in terms of ride and performance. So glad I went with my instincts, and bought a heavy 3/4 ton instead of a half-ton!

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
zippy
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by zippy »

That's a great looking combo. Good luck and happy trails.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Good looking, hunt ready (AC would be important when hunting in Texas)!

Some pictures inside too!
Michael
alphalimafoxtrot

Ranch Dog wrote:Good looking, hunt ready (AC would be important when hunting in Texas)!

Some pictures inside too!
Thanks Michael - yes, you are exactly right about this being a great hunting rig. At some point in time, I will be visiting some friends who live and work at Virginia Tech, where I did my undergrad, and go camping and deer hunting with them.

We are still in Lexington, MA for a few more days visiting family and once the rain stops today I want to pop the top and take some pics. Might not be til tomorrow if it's too dark and rainy.

By the way, where we are staying is at a rented house only 5 blocks from the historic "Battle Green" where the very first shots of the Revolution were fired between 77 militiamen and 700 British Regulars!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

alphalimafoxtrot wrote:By the way, where we are staying is at a rented house only 5 blocks from the historic "Battle Green" where the very first shots of the Revolution were fired between 77 militiamen and 700 British Regulars!
Very cool.
Michael
alphalimafoxtrot

Michael, since you are interested in the history of Lexington, I just edited a map to show where we are staying in relation to the Revolutionary War battle sites and key locations. Also, here's a link to the town's history.
https://www.tourlexington.us/home/pages ... tors-guide
Our place is noted in the upper right, we are on Grant Street about where I pointed the arrow.

Adam
lexington map 2018 trip.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
medezyner

Post by medezyner »

Adam, I have to admit I'm a bit jealous...looks like a sweet setup. That place is just down the street from me so I my have to check them out. Always thought about a rig that was truly off-road worthy, low profile with just enough amenities. Enjoy!
"We deal in lead, friend."
- Steve McQueen, The Magnificent Seven
alphalimafoxtrot

medezyner wrote:Adam, I have to admit I'm a bit jealous...looks like a sweet setup. That place is just down the street from me so I my have to check them out. Always thought about a rig that was truly off-road worthy, low profile with just enough amenities. Enjoy!
Main Line Overland at Bow is a great off-road and camper shop. I can't recommend highly enough. Spend some time surfing through their website, you'll get a good idea of what they can do for you.
The basic FWC (four wheel camper brand) models are one of the best-designed lightweight but extremely tough slide-in campers made. They make models designed to properly fit almost every size and configuration of truck - seems like Toyota Tacomas are super popular for the FWC crowd. I saw 4 or more Tacomas up there either getting built or modified in some way. You'll see FWC's on MB Unimogs.
Be prepared for financial impacts though, these are high-end and once you tick off as many options as we did, these rigs are pricey. Like they say, you get what you pay for. I will add that it's pretty hard to find the FWC campers on the used market either.

Thanks for your comments!
Adam