Official R92 Picture Thread

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
deadeye

Re: Official R92 Picture Thread

Post by deadeye »

Ranch Dog wrote:
deadeye wrote:Of course if/when cases of Rossi 92s arrive from Brazil the prices of used ones will crash big time.
I've begun to think that will not happen, Rossi 92s arriving out of the two cataloged. They didn't produce some rifles that were cataloged last year, so it remains to be seen if they make the two 20" RB models (357 Mag & 44 Mag) listed this year.

I find it strange that the 45 Colt was dropped as barrel stock is barrel stock. If they are making 45 Colt Circuit Judges, they are already making the barrel stock, and a third of the 92 has been produced. Plus by not producing the 45 Colts, they are not catering to the customers that put them on the shooting ranges in the US, the CASS shooter.

Sorry, but I see them as absolute boneheads.
Since I've been watching them (only a few months) 44 mag and 45 LC have been widely available new on GB and several online stores. Its really .357 that is always sold out and getting bid to ridiculous prices on GB. By the looks of my 2017 model, they have solved the quality issues. If they have any sense, they will produce .357s by the truckload until demand is met. That will also keep competition in check from offering .357s in the Rossi price range.
DeadWoodDan

Post by DeadWoodDan »

It's been a while, but I wander over here once in a while just to see what's happening. Picked up one of NOE's picante rails when they first came out ( seems like forever ago), but never put funds away for optics. While catching up on some threads last month, I broke and ordered the Vortex Scout and med. rings along with Guda 5/8" recommended by another member. All I can say is this Illinois weather better break soon! I can't wait to finally see what some loads I worked up will do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Good deal, now it's a pumpkin chunker!
Michael
dos0711

Post by dos0711 »

I was searching for a Rossi 92 in .44-40 and managed to score one. I had to have it shipped into my FFL.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very nice!
Michael
Nashville Stage

Post by Nashville Stage »

Here are a bunch of photos of my new 20" 92 (2017 model).
My-Rossi-4.jpg
My-Rossi-5.jpg
The exterior fit & finish are very nice overall. The blueing is dark, consistent, and smooth. The wood is evenly finished and smooth, even if not all of the edges are fully rounded.
My-Rossi-6.jpg
The loading gate had those brass streaks on it when I received it. While it's not great, I'm not going to complain considering that it'll get marked up soon enough anyway. Plus, that gives me a reasonable assumption that the factory test fired (or at least function tested) it.
My-Rossi-7.jpg
Nashville Stage

Pictures, continued...
My-Rossi-8.jpg
My-Rossi-9.jpg
My-Rossi-10.jpg
There's no keyed hammer lock like on some older models, just the bolt safety / firing pin block.
My-Rossi-11.jpg
The wood stands above the metal just a little bit, but it's nicely rounded & smooth. It's not really noticeable.
My-Rossi-12.jpg
Nashville Stage

The buttplate is nicely finished & flush with the wood.
My-Rossi-13.jpg
The rollmarks are smooth & even.
My-Rossi-14.jpg
Underneath the rear sight elevation adjustment block are four drilled & tapped holes. These two are the rear pair; the front pair are hidden slightly further forward underneath the rear sight.
My-Rossi-15.jpg
Nashville Stage

My-Rossi-16.jpg
My-Rossi-17.jpg
This is the one screw & hole that's a little bit jagged from the factory, but it wasn't bad. A little bit of smoothing & the rough edges are gone.
My-Rossi-18.jpg
The only major complaint I have at the moment is the bore of the barrel. It's rough. LOL.
My-Rossi-19.jpg
I'm not sure why the roughness is on both the lands *and* the grooves. I've heard of perpendicular streaks like this caused by the drill bit when the barrel blank is originally drilled out, but that should only remain on the lands after the rifling grooves are cut. I've also heard of chatter marks from cutting the rifling, but I'm not sure why that would show up on the lands as well. I don't know what method Rossi uses to rifle their barrels.
My-Rossi-20.jpg
Now to be fair, I haven't fired this yet, so the roughness might or might not affect accuracy. Hopefully it'll either smooth out with regular use, or maybe I can smooth it out by hand. Does anyone else have photos of their 92 barrel interiors? I wonder how typical this is.
jdl447

Post by jdl447 »

CBC now? No longer Taurus?