New Rossi's?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
North Idaho Shooter

New Rossi's?

Post by North Idaho Shooter »

There was a rumor a few months ago that Rossi would be starting production on the Model 92 again.

Has anyone heard any more about this?

Is it still just a rumor, or is it a "for sure" thing?

Thanks for any info.
GasGuzzler

Re: New Rossi's?

Post by GasGuzzler »

No one here really knows any better than any other "source" of information. When it comes to Rossi, it's best to take a sit back and wait approach.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.

Post by 1892 »

I was wondering the same thing--where are the Rossi leverguns?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

1892 wrote:I was wondering the same thing--where are the Rossi leverguns?
Brazil? Shot Show isn't until late January, definitely will not be any word until then.
Michael
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

My suggestion would be to start stashing cash in an old sock or something, start a "new Rossi fund" so you'll have the dough ready to go when they finally wash ashore.

I got really lucky and just scored a new 24" stainless in .357, so my wife will be watching me like a hawk now. Even though it's "used" and I'm the third owner, it's never been fired after the proof firing, the 1st two owners never shot it. Thing is spotless inside and out.

But I'm still waiting for the ship to come in too.
BCRider

Post by BCRider »

Around here it's always been a "feast or famine" sort of availability thing. It's like they do a batch per year and send them in and the vacuum of demand is such that they simply evaporate as soon as they are delivered.

A buddy found an octagonal barreled 92 "rifle" a bit over a year back. It had the long 24 inch barrel and was quite heavy. I cut the barrel and magazine down to 20 inches, which was a bit of a job, to make it easier and more effective for cowboy action. Between the heavier barrel and the lovely crescent butt plate I fell in love with the darn thing and want to find one for myself. The word is out with a couple of the local shops that I know deal in Rossi rifles when they come in but now it's just a case of patience. I just hope that this is all it is and that they continue to produce them.
kingstrider

Post by kingstrider »

Not sure if you look there but I have seen 2 stainless models show up locally on armslist over the last month or two.
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Moon Tree »

I saw 2 Rossi's at Dunham's a couple days ago. There was no one at the counter, but they looked like .45's
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.
North Idaho Shooter

Post by North Idaho Shooter »

Thanks for all the input. Guess I'll just have to be patient.

Looking for a couple in particular to complete a couple of "sets" that I have started. Just hope Rossi brings those back.

Thanks again.
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

North Idaho Shooter wrote:Thanks for all the input. Guess I'll just have to be patient.

Looking for a couple in particular to complete a couple of "sets" that I have started. Just hope Rossi brings those back.

Thanks again.
Which would those be? If theyre some combination of 45, 44, or 357 with round barrels of either 20 or 16" length in stainless or blued finish its a near certainty short of the company folding

If theyre octagons, case colored, 24" barrels, or off calibers like 454 480 44-40 etc then i wouldnt hold my breath. This coming from someone who is foolishly waiting for new 454s round bbls or 357 octagons
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")