what would you pay???

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
smithd1

what would you pay???

Post by smithd1 »

a 16" stainless 454 sold today on GB for $920!!!!!

would you pay that much?

not me! but dang I wanted it!
Round Rock, TX

USMC 0311/8551

LE since 01

"no good quote to share"
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: what would you pay???

Post by GRV01 »

If Rossi/Taurus went out of business tomorrow? Probably.

Im still (foolishly) holding onto hope of a re-expansion of the '92 line to octagons, 454s, 480s, etc so i wouldnt pay that for a used one when new ones are coming around any day now!

*eyeroll*
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

That sale price is hard to believe I know, but it is what it is. I am not expecting much from Rossi this year, actually less, given that they did not make the models introduced in the 2017 catalog available.

The parent, Taurus, has had the same problem. They also lost a CEO, not sure if it was voluntary or not, but the history of this Brazilian Company is that they cut that person and models when times are bad. That is what I've derived from just watching them since 2012. In that time they have turned four CEOs and lost half their products. The fools lost a fantastic opportunity with the demise of Marlin in this period, an opportunity that is often not given within the firearm industry. They could have become the leader in leverguns, but no, they wanted Taurus to become the leader in the imported semi-auto market. Sorry fools, but you cannot compete with an Austrian Company that already has a strong foothold in the US. They have squandered an opportunity that is not capable of being regained!

I think the best thing that the levergun community to hope for is that Rossi is spun off from its parent and God, please, get it out of Brazil and their autocratic style of management.
Michael
barracudadave67

Post by barracudadave67 »

Amen...... Ranch dog

barracudadave67
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Not to mention trying to compete with the Eyetalians who are still making some of their product here in the states with copies of their product a generation or two removed. The German and Swiss/Germans also seem to have an edge as well.
sistemasks

Post by sistemasks »

I waited almost 4 yrs for my 454 but I wouldn't pay that much for one. I also wouldn't sell it for that either. my state recently past a law that we could use pistol caliber rifles for deer instead of shotguns.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

sistemasks wrote:I waited almost 4 yrs for my 454 but I wouldn't pay that much for one. I also wouldn't sell it for that either. my state recently past a law that we could use pistol caliber rifles for deer instead of shotguns.
This is another area of marketing that Rossi hasn't paid attention to. I know that Mark Kressner was aware of the possibilities from the conversations I had with him, but he is two CEO past now. His catalog covers and images played to the hunters.
Michael
okstatefan

Post by okstatefan »

It's sad to see that Rossi are not readily available these days. I feel pretty fortunate to have a trapper and ranch hand in .357. I would have liked to have picked up a 45 Colt or a 44 Mag.
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

I agree that Rossi had a great opportunity to really compete with Henry and Marlin and potentially push both of those companies out of the less-than-$700 market for Levers and also compete in other ways by creating novel or innovative products that no US company was making and like Taurus was already doing with the Judge

For example Imagine a Raging Judge 454 revolver carbine in the spirit of the Circuit Judge but with no compromises -- a 5 round 20" platform for full house 454 that no one else was making

Taurus buying Rossi couldve been a wonderworld of great, cool products for levers and revolvers but they fumbled the ball hard and at this point i dont think theyll recover

In a somewhat related note im considering buying my levers in the future from a different company that offers better support, but who is the Ruger of leverguns in this day and age? :(
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GRV01 wrote:In a somewhat related note im considering buying my levers in the future from a different company that offers better support, but who is the Ruger of leverguns in this day and age? :(
I would say at this point, Henry. I'm surprised that Mossberg hasn't ventured into the 92 market or expand their 94 clones into additional cartridge offerings. I've even thought that Rossi would be a good fit for Mossberg, bring them to Eagle Pass, TX.
Michael