I've got a PSA pistol kit and a psa lower coming.

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

I've got a PSA pistol kit and a psa lower coming.

Post by akuser47 »

I should have it together fast as I have everything I need now I await impatiently the parts. Another fun toy that doesn't fit in well here LoL. It will go bang and look tacticool and I like that to. +guns All the good and bad about PSA ar15 is hit or mis, but I've dealt with them enough I am not worried.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Arroyoshark
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: I've got a PSA pistol kit and a psa lower coming.

Post by Arroyoshark »

Congrats on "pulling the trigger" !

I know lots of guys who have put together both peestolas and carbines from PSA products. All except one functioned well from the get-go. PSA corrected the problem upper with the one that worked, so all is well now.

With just a red dot sight the AR peestolas are accurate out at 100 yds, particularly so when mounted on a bipod. The shorties don't quite ding the steel out there as loudly as a carbine or rifle, but as you say great fun factor.

Might look into mounting a linear compesator at muzzle to direct concussion downrange rather than to side - makes ya a better neighbor on the firing line.
When sitting down to clean a gun, the first step is to load another gun - Elmer Keith
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I've used their stuff before with good results. I have an upper that will not fit on one of three lowers. PSA obviously won't help because I bought it from an individual as part of a complete and unfired upper. Oh well. Tolerance stack up happens. I was able to make it work by taking 0.002" of the rear take down pin. Now I have an extra Aero stripped upper that I need to send down the road before it completes itself.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
desertrider

Post by desertrider »

akuser47 wrote:I should have it together fast as I have everything I need now I await impatiently the parts. Another fun toy that doesn't fit in well here LoL. It will go bang and look tacticool and I like that to. +guns All the good nd bad about PSA ar15 is hit or mis, but I've dealt with them enough I am not worried.
^^^ :D I feel ya. I have three lever guns, and only one of them is a Rossi. The remaining 90+% of my collection has pistol grips, bolt actions, or detachable magazine thingies :lol:
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

How about some pictures, don't know what any of this is.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Once get it, and get it together I'll post some pictures. +corn
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

People call them plastic guns but mine only have plastic grips and butts. Heck, my 22/45 doesn't have any plastic except the grip frame.

I need to post pics of my latest.

What about AKs? They don't have plastic (well mine has none).
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Cool, I'll second photos.

I've built several ARs, no pistols though. I've never exactly wanted to increase the muzzle blast and CA regulations are and have been a pain. I did put together one AK, a bit more of a pain in terms of tooling required and I've got to remove the pistol grip for CA regs. I don't like that but better safe than sorry until I can get out to the real world again.

I've got a stash of AR parts I'm hopeful that I'll start getting together in the next few weeks. Should result in one or two new guns and several additional uppers. I'll try and post some more photos as things go along.

So far I've put together one PSA have another upper. The biggest problem with them in my opinion is you need to know enough about what you are purchasing and what you are building to get the right stuff. The second is a matter of reputation. That second point rests on a few issues. 1) They move a lot of product and a high percentage of it is assembled by the user who may or may not know what they are doing and may make mistakes. 2) Because of the volume they sell their prices to the consumer are often lower than what gunshops can get similar parts from their suppliers. The local shops are understandably not happy about that. 3) PSA got their start moving less expensive lower end product. They are currently offering a mixture of price points and materials/quality. IF you know what you are buying/getting you can get good value from them but again you need to pay attention. I think they've improved substantially over where they started but they are still working to overcome initial impressions.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Agreed, you have to know what you are getting. I am still waiting on parts. Reputation is a lot to do with parts coming lose in uppers and bad extractors as well and lower and uppers not being in spec. I have never had this issue yet. My upper is all together I will probably replace the barrel down the road. I will first see how this one performs. Time will tell.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Yeah, so far as I've been able to tell all the parts I've gotten from them have been in spec and the items I've purchased that were assembled were done correctly and no parts have failed. I haven't put any of them through the wringer either however. I DID make some inquiries regarding material type for several items. They had a reputation for making some parts 'mil-spec dimension' out of lower grade materials. The items I inquired about were not specified on the website but tech support got back to me with the material type as correct for the parts in question and not the weaker less expensive option.

Same thing with ARStoner that Midway is selling. There's some decent stuff there but you need to know what you are looking at. I think the most common complaint in the reviews I've read are dealing with extractors and bolts. I suspect some of that's the mix and match nature of the market especially as they are selling parts for several alternative calibers and the fact that many of the barrels on the market have enlarged gas ports for reliability that result in higher forces on the bolts unless someone is using a tunable gas block to notch it back down.