Weather!

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Weather!

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

You folks down coastal Texas way be safe this week end that storm looks like it's going to get nasty.

Stay dry,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
zippy
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Weather!

Post by zippy »

Good luck with Hurricane Harvey all you Lone Star State guys. :shock:
alphalimafoxtrot

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

I am in VA, noticed the weather update - saw that Hurricane Harvey should be hitting the Texas coast tomorrow night - I had earlier made a mistake, and interpreted the weather news feed as if it was happening tonight!

Wish you all in Texas good luck and hope everyone is alright.

Adam Lee
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Steelbanger »

Good morning Michael,

I'll be praying for you and your family. As usual, I always begin these prayers with the thought that the storm just breaks up without causing any major damage. Keep an eye on Mom & Pop all the time too. The weather predictions for Southern Texas are showing lots of rain in addition to the wind. I never realized that Victoria was so close to the beach, way too close to suit me.

Stay safe and may all involved be safe also. I'll talk with you after it's gone away.

Frank
Steelbanger, NRA Life
Annual Member PRPA
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Doesn't look as bad as predicted to me but we shall see. I'm five hours from Houston (which is a ways from CC) and received over 4" of rain yesterday.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks everyone. We are as prepared as we can be.
region.jpg
My ranch is the red/white dot in the top left corner. We are 72 miles from Matagorda Island and 52 miles from the backside of Matagorda Bay. The terrain is flat until it reaches us where it rises rapidly for a coastal plain. Victoria is 98', my house is at 305' and the rise in terrain takes place over a few miles so rain runoff is rapid.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Looks a lot worse now.

I was trying to stay positive.

Stay safe.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

My church is in the process of "sheltering" some 60-65 refugees from the South coast right now. It just happens it's mostly the same group that's been here, now for the third time, for the same type hurricane events since 2005. All Hispanic families and good people. My wife, being a church secretary, is most definitely involved in every detail ... probably at least for the next 4 days. At least our church is only on the next hill about 1/4 mile away.

Man, that thing looks bad for the Corpus, Houston, Galveston areas. Now a Cat 4, and it don't seem to be getting any weaker. I know the masses of people are the targets, but my heart is with the thousands of first responders that are, and will be, on the front line.

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Looks like the center of the eye moved over land a few minutes ago near Rockport. The wind is high here, no way to measure it, but less than I expected at this point. Still with power but family in Corpus Christi have been without since about 5 this afternoon. Durn things are like babies, always arrive in the middle of the night!

Good to hear that your church is lending a hand JD, it is appreciated. I guess this will make the dove opener a bust in South Texas! How my tower blinds are still up when it is over.
Michael
alphalimafoxtrot

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

Michael -

please keep us updated as Harvey has probably slammed you guys where you are in Texas.

Hoping for the best!

Keeping everybody is the path of Harvey in our prayers.

V/R
Adam Lee
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.