Companion 357 Pistol?

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Charter Arms Target Mag Pug 357?

Post by Mad Trapper »

While stationed and training at FT. Bragg, the experts taught us, if your driving down the road and come upon an ambush and start taking fire up close, hit the gas and drive straight into the people doing the firing.
slowing down, stopping,turning around, will allow them to take better aim and concentrate their fire more accurately.
but when the vehicle is heading straight at them full speed, they will be scrambling to get out of the way.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

GasGuzzler wrote:Better than the legal on the other side.....and let's be honest, training and firing from a car a lethal to only intended target shot vs hitting the gas and steering is an easy choice.
GasGuzzler wrote:I love Rugers but I ain't buying a new single action Ruger for $600 when I can get one second hand private sale for $450. I paid $EDIT for my .357 and it's by far the most acurate handgun I own.

You might have done better running the guy over regardless of your gun situation. Would have been easier and quicker and likely simpler.
I'll grant running down somebody coming at you with a gun or shooting at you makes sense.
Running down the guy without seeing a gun or other immediate threat gets problematic one of the least of which is running down a deer, pig, goblin typically leads to vehicle damage that's often pretty extensive.
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

GasGuzzler wrote:Rugers don't mind being dropped in the mud. You can't kill one. They're not cheap. They're not expensive.

I had some kind of Rossi by Taurus 4" L-size stainless adjustable sight DA for about a week or two (long enough to flip it after a detail job) but I never shot it. It seemed well built. It was a .357. For reference I sold it for $270 and made money.

Get a GP.
So i was at my LGS yesterday picking up a brick of primers when i saw what looked like a Taurus 66 with a 6" barrel in the case. I ask the lady to see it and she hands me whats actually a used, blued Ruger GP100 in great condition for $450. Handled and felt good, and Wifey asked if that was a good price and i whispered, "its half price!"

I tell ya if it was a 4" barrel i wouldve bought it. I also told wifey that once i tell the guys on the forum theyre gonna be peeved i didnt buy it :D
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

$550-600 private sale here.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

GasGuzzler wrote:$550-600 private sale here.
Yeah i was suprised to see that on their shelf at that price, the prices on their other stuff especially New is kinda high and theyre not willing to negotiate. Im sure it'll find a good home soon. Too bad they dont have a website to sell their stock online or out of state

Edit: rereading that did you mean youd buy it from me at that price?
No thin chicks
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I don't want it but it's a good price.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Mad Trapper »

make a nice trail gun for sure.
with that 6" barrel be perfect for roaming the mountains.
Set it up with a small pack, throw in a few boxes of ammo, bear loads down to small game loads.
Add some jerky,trail mix,canteen,etc., and head out for the day.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Mad Trapper wrote:make a nice trail gun for sure.
with that 6" barrel be perfect for roaming the mountains.
Set it up with a small pack, throw in a few boxes of ammo, bear loads down to small game loads.
Add some jerky,trail mix,canteen,etc., and head out for the day.
Not here. Walk flat treeless scape occasionally running across a grove of oaks. Still handy. Dang it's hot. I ain't walking nowhere.
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

Might be on to something. Got on funbroker and found a used blued Taurus 66 for $300. Bought it this morning, will report back but seems too good to be true :(
No thin chicks
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Companion 357 Pistol?

Post by Archer »

I don't know, I think I might just get the Ruger GP100 for $450 over a Taurus for $300 unless the Taurus was something special.

I had eyes on a couple Redhawk .44s last week but couldn't quite bring myself to go there.
Wasn't sure when Ruger had their barrel problems and I've already got a triad of .44 mag revolvers.