Getting to the range in Early May ARs and Bolts

Maximizing the performance of your Rossi firearm.
GasGuzzler

Re: Getting to the range in Early May ARs and Bolts

Post by GasGuzzler »

When I shot a 100 rounds of the Winchester red, my 10/22 looked like it had been soaked in WD40 then drug through a melon patch hence I never tried the 333 or 555 bulk packs.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

The High Standard frame is VERY thin at the RHS rail near the slide stop if I recall correctly.
As a result it gets standard V CCI only.

I've been told that the Smith & Wesson 41 is factory tested with CCI Standard V and I picked up a couple cases of the stuff strictly for those two firearms. I haven't noticed it being too dirty.

I have a tendency to pick up reasonably decent target .22s in pistols at least and the CCI stuff has worked well with them.

Remington and even Winchester subsonics have been some of the most dirty stuff I've shot with the Remington being the worst and the Winchester coming in at about the same level as the WildCats.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

CCI SV works very well in my 22" Marlin 60 so that's all I use in it. Old Model Single Six shoots best at short range with subs or even CBs. 10/22 likes HV so it eats CCI MiniMags. 22/45 likes LRN HV so it eats Federal AutoMatch. Dang....too many kinds of one-use ammo.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Either way ammo is staring to fill shelves again. I saw some cci rimfire in stack at Walmart. Things are getting better. +guns Plus surplus 5.56 for my ar15 rifles is cheap to.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!