Hello from Alaska

Tell us a bit about yourself!
normAK

Hello from Alaska

Post by normAK »

I've been a member here for a few months now and just now noticed the intro section, so I figured better late than never. Currently residing in Anchorage, Alaska. I pretty much grew up at the local shooting range, love to shoot just about anything that goes BANG.

I have a fair amount of firearms but I am now enrolled in a 12 step program and haven't bought one in close to a week, unless you count shotguns. Out of all my guns, nothing feels quite as natural as shouldering a lever action. I currently have two Rossi's and one BLR and I have had Marlins in the past.

My fiancee and I are planning on relocating to Cochise County AZ in two years. Given her love for horseback riding(I'm just learning) and my interest in Cowboy Action shooting, southern Arizona seems like a perfect fit, especially since we have both had enough of cold and wet climate.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Alaska

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks for telling us a bit about yourself. That will be quite a move but I too don't do well in the cold. I like your description of the addiction! I'm awful! Looking at another as I type this!
Michael
normAK

Post by normAK »

lol..... I'm certain that the addiction has a genetic component and it was passed on to me from my dad, who actually has more guns than I do. In my family we refer to this condition as "the sickness".
zippy
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by zippy »

Howdy from South Carolina, and welcome to the forum.

Went camping in AK from Sept. to Nov. 1980 and loved it. The state and it's people are unique.
normAK

Post by normAK »

thanks for the Welcome zippy! I spent a few months in South Carolina back in 1982. Paris Island is a place you never forget .
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome +guns :D
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
armyRN

Post by armyRN »

You're wanting to leave Alaska, and I'd love to live in Alaska. I guess it is the "grass is greener" kind of thing. My buddy and I spent a few days in Anchorage - loved it.
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Moon Tree »

Welcome from KY. We did a cruise and land tour to Denali last summer. I loved it. Had I visited Alaska as a younger man, I would have spent a few years there, or at least through the first winter of no daylight. haha
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.