Rossi/Taurus Customer service

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
barracudadave67

Rossi/Taurus Customer service

Post by barracudadave67 »

I know this is a Rossi forum, but as Rossi, and Taurus are joined at the hip, I thought I would throw thus in.

I just recently aqquired a Taurus Thunderbolt in .45 Colt, in polished stainless. Real nice rifle, but the action needs a little TLC. I cleaned it, and got rid of the sharp edges and all. The real problem with the action is the hammer main spring, Its way to heavy. It makes moving the slide way to hard for the type action it is.

So I tinker around with it, and decide the spring needs lightening, by ginding off some material on the sides of the spring. I havn't done that yet. I figure I'll order a couple back ups from Taurus before I start grinding. Just in case. All well and good.

So I order 2 springs from Taurus. A week later package arrives, in stead of springs , I get 2 mainspring screws. I call them, and reorder. A week later, I open the next package, and again 2 mainspring screws. So I call them again and explane all this. As of now I'm waiting on a reply from Taurus. W'ell see what happens.

Now to be fair to Taurus I was prepaired to pay for the springs. But they told me they would ship at no charge, as it was to much of a charge from the credit card companys charge to them, versus the cost of the springs. Thats a good jesture on thier part.

I hope they figure out whats wrong. It has to be a numbers mixup, somewhere. I'll let you know what happens.

barracudadave67
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rossi/Taurus Customer service

Post by Ranch Dog »

At least they are trying. The rear sight fell off my PT132 Pro the first time I shot it. It took them three attempts at mailing me a replacement until I threw in the towel and returned the pistol at their expense.
Michael
barracudadave67

Post by barracudadave67 »

Follow up on my trying to order 2 spare mainsprings, for the Taurus Thunderbolt rifle, I just aqquired. I finally got two mainsprings from Taurus, on 4 Feb. They sent them at no charge. It took almost a month, and a half, to get the order right. I wonder why when you order parts from them, they don't use the numbers that are in the owners manual. I think that is the problem. Next time I order parts I'm not going to use those exploded parts view numbers, just a name for the part I need. Maybe that will work. Now I can experiment on the mainspring weight.

barracudadave67
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yes, probably best to order by part name. With the 92, I've seen differences in the numbering from the manuals I have but never the part name.
Michael