R92 Broken Ejector ~ Trials of a Rossi Replacement

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Jeffc2x

Re: R92 Broken Ejector ~ Trials of a Rossi Replacement

Post by Jeffc2x »

Look at Numrich gun parts, look under Browning B92 parts. I ordered one from them for around $15 for a extra. It looks about the same to me, may take some minor fitting.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Jeffc2x wrote:Look at Numrich gun parts, look under Browning B92 parts. I ordered one from them for around $15 for a extra. It looks about the same to me, may take some minor fitting.
That may help me (and others?) more than we realize. I know I've used GPC (Numrich) several times for odd small parts but was astounded at their lack support for the Rossi R92 in specific.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Jeffc2x

Post by Jeffc2x »

GasGuzzler wrote:
Jeffc2x wrote:Look at Numrich gun parts, look under Browning B92 parts. I ordered one from them for around $15 for a extra. It looks about the same to me, may take some minor fitting.
That may help me (and others?) more than we realize. I know I've used GPC (Numrich) several times for odd small parts but was astounded at their lack support for the Rossi R92 in specific.
Yeah,somebody had posted it on here or on another board that a Browning B92 ejector would work so I thought I would order one to have.Lot cheaper than Steve's .
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by klr »

How long ago did you order it? All the ejectors are sold out now.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Common with GPC. Just keep checking. They buy stuff from all over.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by klr »

3sharps wrote:I haven't taken the gun apart yet. A small piece of the collar? fell out. The front part of the ejector seems to be missing. I did recover the spring though. I am still able to fire the gun I just have to take my finger and remove the spent casing manually. I want to keep shooting until the weather gets to cold.
I'd take apart and clean the rifle before using it further. A broken piece floating around in there could lead to more broken/damaged pieces.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

klr wrote:
3sharps wrote:I haven't taken the gun apart yet. A small piece of the collar? fell out. The front part of the ejector seems to be missing. I did recover the spring though. I am still able to fire the gun I just have to take my finger and remove the spent casing manually. I want to keep shooting until the weather gets to cold.
I'd take apart and clean the rifle before using it further. A broken piece floating around in there could lead to more broken/damaged pieces.

agreed .... 100%!

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Jeffc2x

Post by Jeffc2x »

klr wrote:
How long ago did you order it? All the ejectors are sold out now.
Around a month ago, I'll have to look at my receipt.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Yep, if you see something you might even think you'll need at GPC buy it then as it might not be there tomorrow.

You might also prowl around the Sarco web site,they're mostly military arms but lord only knows what they may have squirreled away in their ware house.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
3sharps

Post by 3sharps »

I took it back to my LGS. He said that part should never break. He said that he would take care of it what ever that means. I miss it already.