Pigs in Space, well, in OH Anyway

Whether plinking or chasing big game, tell us about your day outdoors!
Hombre

Pigs in Space, well, in OH Anyway

Post by Hombre »

Some of you may have heard about the truck carrying 2,200 piglets that overturned yesterday near Dayton OH. About 1/2 perished immediately, and the rest escaped. Last I read all but 200 had been rounded up, but that's still quite a few pigs out there. OH didn't have a pig problem, or wild pig hunting, before this, wonder if that's going to change? I understand pigs go feral quickly. :o No matter what, I have a feeling the number of pig roasts in that area is going to increase immediately and dramatically. :D

Edit: A look at the OH DNR site shows there are some pig hotspots in SE OH, but TX looks like it's completely covered. Depending on your vocation or hobby, I guess that could be good or bad.

See the map at the bottom here: http://ohiodnr.gov/feralswine
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pigs in Space, well, in OH Anyway

Post by Ranch Dog »

Hombre wrote:Some of you may have heard about the truck carrying 2,200 piglets that overturned yesterday near Dayton OH. About 1/2 perished immediately, and the rest escaped. Last I read all but 200 had been rounded up, but that's still quite a few pigs out there. OH didn't have a pig problem, or wild pig hunting, before this, wonder if that's going to change? I understand pigs go feral quickly. :o No matter what, I have a feeling the number of pig roasts in that area is going to increase immediately and dramatically. :D

Edit: A look at the OH DNR site shows there are some pig hotspots in SE OH, but TX looks like it's completely covered. Depending on your vocation or hobby, I guess that could be good or bad.

See the map at the bottom here: http://ohiodnr.gov/feralswine
Yeah, it sounds like Dayton got a real good push. That size I think would go feral real quick.
Michael