Shot my first deer with my 92 357

Whether plinking or chasing big game, tell us about your day outdoors!
nharrison

Shot my first deer with my 92 357

Post by nharrison »

Shot an 8 point buck with my rossi between 80 and 100 yards. I took a video clip of post hunt but don't know how to upload here
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Shot my first deer with my 92 357

Post by Ranch Dog »

nharrison wrote:Shot an 8 point buck with my rossi between 80 and 100 yards. I took a video clip of post hunt but don't know how to upload here
Congratulations! Videos must be posted to YouTube and then a link posted in your topic. You can upload pictures but not videos.

Tell us more, what bullet did you use?
Michael
nharrison

Post by nharrison »

I shot 158 gr hornady xtp using h110. I thought it was neat using a lever gun with a peep and hand loaded rounds. That's a first for me. And to top it off was my biggest buck to date. I had seen a couple does about 45 minutes before shooting this buck. He came up the hill trailing a doe. I grunted to have him stop and took the shot. First shot he reared up and hit the ground so I put another round in him. He was still moving so I shot again and he was done.
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Moon Tree »

Congradulations rharrison. It's a thrill isn't it. I took my first Rossi 92 .357 mag deer 10 days with loads I built.

I waiting with baited breath on the video. :)
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

nharrison wrote:I shot 158 gr hornady xtp using h110. I thought it was neat using a lever gun with a peep and hand loaded rounds. That's a first for me. And to top it off was my biggest buck to date. I had seen a couple does about 45 minutes before shooting this buck. He came up the hill trailing a doe. I grunted to have him stop and took the shot. First shot he reared up and hit the ground so I put another round in him. He was still moving so I shot again and he was done.
Good deal, can't wait to see some pictures!
Michael
nharrison

Post by nharrison »

Thanks guys
slideaction

Post by slideaction »

Nice, congrats!
Rossi 62SA owner operator
U.S. Army, retired
justchecking

Post by justchecking »

Exciting! I am taking my 92 357 out next week for deer. First year we can use straight wall cartridges in rifles in Ohio!
jdb

Post by jdb »

COOL!!!

I'm envious. Got my 92 in 357 a few months ago just for that reason and because some unforeseen family business came up, I got to spend a grand total of SIX HOURS in the woods during the entire 2 week Kentucky gun season...and that was on the last day of the season!!! LOL

Oh well, still got the bow.

By the way, if you use windows, I THINK you can play the video on your desktop, pause the video where ya want and save the image on the screen as a bitmap (.bmp) or jpeg and then post that for us to see. I THINK? ;~)

Just a thought.
"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind." Thomas Jefferson
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Moon Tree »

Good luck just checking.

jdb, sorry about your gun season. I hope your arrow flies true.
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.