So what did you do today?

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: So what did you do today?

Post by akuser47 »

Great friend there jaybm I always liked the 39a marlins rman glad that they are still being used. Compared to modern guns they are heavy for .22 rifles. I shot my dad's a few weeks ago. Thanks for sharing guys.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
aragornelessar86

Post by aragornelessar86 »

Short day at work for me today and then it's off to Los Angeles (blech) for an album release party for the best indie-folk-bluegrass fusion band going: The Show Ponies. On a forum full of old-timers and old souls like this one, I think it's safe to say you'll all enjoy their stuff.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

That middle one really got my foot taping. Good stuff
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
aragornelessar86

Post by aragornelessar86 »

Got the windage dialed in on my new Marbles Bullseye. Now I gotta do a 100yd test and figure out what front sight I need. I'm about 2.5" high at 25yds. Started cleaning up my garand bayonet. Got the scales off and am soaking the naked handle/mechanism in WD-40 overnight to loosen up the old grease and heavy rust.
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Jaybm »

Just a thought aragornelessar ... my oldest son was into beer can collecting in his teens, he used
Naval Jelly to remove rust without messing up the original finish.
No clue where you might purchase this stuff nowadays. Might work on rifle barrels, parts, etc.

LOL, one wall in our rec room was floor to ceiling beer cans, got a good price when he decided
to cash them in.
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

akuser47 wrote:I always liked the 39a marlins rman glad that they are still being used. Compared to modern guns they are heavy for .22 rifles. I shot my dad's a few weeks ago. Thanks for sharing guys.
You're right about them being heavy. That's not so great for hunting and plinking, but for competition, it's a good thing. The 39A is King in the cowboy small bore silhouette class. I see a few Henrys, Winchesters and Brownings, but almost all of the serious guys use Marlins. In the pistol caliber class I see lots of Marlin 1894s and Winchester 92s, but the Rossi 92s have become really popular too. That's what I use and I really like it. I don't shoot big bore yet, but hope to give it a try next year with a Marlin 336. It's a fun but humbling sport. :oops:
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Jaybm wrote:Just a thought aragornelessar ... my oldest son was into beer can collecting in his teens, he used
Naval Jelly to remove rust without messing up the original finish.
No clue where you might purchase this stuff nowadays. Might work on rifle barrels, parts, etc.

LOL, one wall in our rec room was floor to ceiling beer cans, got a good price when he decided
to cash them in.
Last Naval Jelly I got came from Home Depot about 2 years ago.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Most auto parts store have it as well near their bondo n such body repair stuff. naval jelly will strip metal to no finish unless its stainless. blueing will be completly removed! just warning anyone. I have used this to remove old blueing and rust on water damaged guns.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!