Long or short Marbles Bullseye Ghost Ring

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Xshot

Long or short Marbles Bullseye Ghost Ring

Post by Xshot »

The long is 2 1/2 inches and the short is 1 1/2 inches. The buckhorn sight on my R92 round barrel is 2 1/2 inches long (as measured from the rear of the dovetail to the sight). Seems the short version of the Bulllseye GR is what people put on their R92's. Is there a particular reason? I thought somebody might know.
Xshot

Re: Long or short Marbles Bullseye Ghost Ring

Post by Xshot »

I guess there were no taker on this question. I went ahead and ordered the long Marbles Bullseye Ghost Ring. My factory buckhorn is dead center on the barrel, so I think the long version should work for me. The Marbles sight used a dual stepped ramp for elevation adjustment. This could be a problem for round barrels if major windage adjustments need to be made. I think I'm going to be okay, because my factory buckhorn is dead center on the barrel and my POA and POI are dead nuts at 50 yards. However, I did had to drift my front sight over a tad, because it was shooting left out of the box.

FYI - I did apply Bright Sight's hi viz orange to the brass bead on my front sight. That made a tremendous difference in acquiring the sight picture and accuracy.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Hope you will give us a report on how this works out. A picture too, would like to see it on the Rossi barrel.
Michael
Xshot

Post by Xshot »

Will do.
Xshot

Post by Xshot »

I got the sight and installed it. Looks like the long Marbles will work, but I ran out of ammo before I could fully evaluate. I'm not set up to reload .357, so I have to wait until next week. First impression was the center ring was bigger than anticipated - not at all like a peep. I can't help but wonder if the short Bullseye Ghost Ring (1.5" compared to the long at 2.5") would shrink the appearance of the center ring, being an inch further away? Once I get my ammo delivery I'll resume sight adjustment and my evaluation.
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

Darn 357s are like that. They'll eat up all the ammo in what seems like a split second. :mrgreen:
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR
Xshot

Post by Xshot »

Well I got my ammo, but I'm shooting 7.5 inches high at 50 yards. The stock front sight is .470 high and I need to add another .066 in height. Looking at the Williams and Marble fiber optic front sights.