M62 firing pin and spring

This forum is for members to relate their experience with the RossiUSA restricted parts policy. Posts must be reasonable and civil. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
oldteche

M62 firing pin and spring

Post by oldteche »

Can anyone steer me in the direction of an available M62 firing pin and accompanying spring?
Thanks for your time,
oldteche
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: M62 firing pin and spring

Post by akuser47 »

I cannot vouch that they are exactly the same but best I have found so far. The rossi/taurus 62 is supposed to be a winchester copy so hopefully it will work.
http://www.homesteadparts.com/shopcart/ ... er_62A.htm
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
7.62 Precision

Post by 7.62 Precision »

They are not the same - I tried. I'm pretty sure I ordered a firing pin from Taurus after trying to adapt a Winchester pin, but maybe I got a Winchester one to work - it was a long time ago.

It was for a customer.
oldteche

Post by oldteche »

Thank you for the information, I do appreciate your input.

I use to have a Rossi M62 many years ago, and as a fool, I sold it. So several years back I purchased a Taurus M62, since it was what I could find. I love the rifle, but hate what they did to it with the addition of the safety on top of the bolt. I find it very disfiguring and to me destroys it's beauty.

Just recently I ran accros a Rossi M62 bare bolt on ebay for cheap, so I bought it. I was hoping and assumed that the Rossi bolt was a match for the Taurus. My plan was to remove all of the pins, firing pin, spring, extractor, and firing pin stop from the Taurus bolt and use them for the Rossi (leaving the Taurus safety with the Taurus bolt.

I removed all the components, but could not get the safety's pin out, that also holds the firing pin. Taurus peened it in. That was the reason for my request. After another more concentrated effort, I did remove the pin, the safety, and the firing pin.

As a result, I now have a classic looking Taurus M62 with a Rossi bolt.

Sorry for my erroneous request, but at the time the firing pin was needed.
Thanks again for your help
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

No problem thanks for updateing us to it.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!