Loading gate super tough.

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: If it ain't broke........... (you know the rest)

Post by akuser47 »

pricedo wrote:
akuser47 wrote:I know my loading gate was so tough it was tearing up my fingers as I loaded my .357 mag I did the Steve's guns action job and lightened it up and what a difference. I am sure as stated it would be the same for the rg I cannot wait to get one some day.
I reckon gun medicine is just like people medicine.......you try the aspirin and hot toddy remedies first and don't go straight to surgery.
I try a thorough cleaning, deburring, polishing and lubing and then and ONLY THEN if the problem persists do I make permanent modifications to the gun.
I found that most of my Rossis cleaned up really well and after the dirt & crud was gone and the burrs and rough spots removed and smoothed followed by a thorough lubing the rifle was where I needed it to be.
Only 1 rifle needed "surgery" (the full Steve's Gunz tune up).
That being said everybody has their own idea where their Rossi firearms need to be in the slickness department.
My rifles are hunters and I don't do the Cowboy Action thing.
Mine is a plinker more then anything else so like you said different strokes for different folks. I can't hunt with a rifle for deer here so some vermin will get it but nothing to write home about. I think every gun I have ever owned was modified by me but only as I saw it as needed which under many others terms of need is not good reason. I enjoy smoothing out actions and such. I use to tear I use to tear apart toys and I started working with motors at a young age. I am addicted to tinkering and fixing what ain't broke just makin it better or smoother. To each there own I like to be a tinker :lol:
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!