missing screw

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Bglenn

Re: missing screw

Post by Bglenn »

Garter skinner - I called Rossi a couple of months ago and bought a few of these screws. That was my second call. The first time I called, they wanted me to send them the gun, but I refused. So if you get someone who doesn't want to sell you any, try a couple more times. If you buy one, go to a GOOD hardware store and find a small spring whose inside diameter will fit the screw. Cut off one coil and slip it onto the screw up to the head, like a lock washer, and screw it into the receiver. Rossi has been drilling these screw holes too deep so that when you tighten the screw, it bottoms against the bolt and locks the action. If you leave the screw loose enough not to lock the action, then it will likely vibrate out. Been there and done that!
ironhead7544
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: missing screw

Post by ironhead7544 »

I have noticed the screw is loose on some new rifles. When you tighten it, the bolt locks up. It needs to be fitted and it is easier to just back it out. When the new owner uses the rifle, it can fall out and be lost.