Saddle Rings

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
retiredpo

Saddle Rings

Post by retiredpo »

Have 2 92's, neither came with Saddle Rings,... Is it possible to add them.
without major issues.
retiredpo

Re: Saddle Rings

Post by retiredpo »

Nevermind....once I posted this, the links came up for my answers...great site.
williamc

Post by williamc »

Has anyone found a good aftermarket saddle ring for stainless models? A search here and elsewhere has come up short.

To my knowledge Rossi doesn't make a stainless SRC. I'd love to add a ring to my carbine, though.
Rossi 92 - 16" Stainless .44 Magnum
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

retiredpo wrote:Nevermind....once I posted this, the links came up for my answers...great site.
Thank you! Yes, the "Similar Topics" mod I added is a great tool and I use it quite a bit. As long as the opening poster uses an appropriate title for the topic, the logic in the code can do its thing.
williamc wrote:Has anyone found a good aftermarket saddle ring for stainless models? A search here and elsewhere has come up short.

To my knowledge Rossi doesn't make a stainless SRC. I'd love to add a ring to my carbine, though.
The blued ring might make an attractive accent to the stainless finish.
Michael
Deleted User 327

Post by Deleted User 327 »

Deleted
Last edited by Deleted User 327 on 01 May 2014 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
7.62 Precision

Post by 7.62 Precision »

The correct version for the original '92 uses a staple, but installing a Win '94 ring like COSteve did is easier and looks great.

Since the Rossi 92 isn't an original rifle, that is the way I would tend just for ease of installation.

I know I have seen the '92 version in stainless at some point in the past, but have no idea where. Maybe have someone build one for you? They are pretty simple.

Otherwise, you could go with blue or have one plated nickel or chrome, to be a better match. I have never seen one of the '94 rings in stainless.