Another Rossis 45 Post

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Rio Grande

Another Rossis 45 Post

Post by Rio Grande »

Well, I swore I would NEVER own another Rossi after my R92/357. But, my NIB Rossi 45LC in stainless was just to pretty to pass up - Good Price too :D

It's a 16" Carbine (8+1) and Rossi really paid attention on this assembly. Good wood, all surfaces smooth, and not a single feed or ejection failure the first 100 rounds - all the ammo I took.

The brass just flips up high enough to clear the receiver and fell right on the table.
No pinches or sharp edges around the loading gate.
Did not touch the sights. Any bulls eye misses were all my fault.

I wiped it down with Ballistol, ran a bit of TW25 around the bolt and ran a snake down the barrel twice, and off to the range.

A real joy to shoot. Have to write a long letter of apology to Rossi ;)

The First 30 rds shot at 25 yds. Reloads - MBC 200gr LRNFP with W231 powder. These shoot at 914 fps in my Henry 45. Didn't have the chorograph with me this morning.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man" - Lucky Ned Pepper
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Another Rossis 45 Post

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Happiness is what you make it.... Nice looking rifle. Guess we are going to restrict you to moving targets from now on...... :lol: Congrats on the new gun!!
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

gtg I like this we are slowly seeing better rifles comin in I hope it is a trend and not a fluke. I want a stainless so bad. yours looks great and shoots great. +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Really nice to hear about and see! Thanks for the post!
Michael
mintaka

Post by mintaka »

nice start with new gun...i guess one should never give up hope and trying....got my new one today exactly like yours color size etc etc...just got home with it so its off to cleaning and dry cycling etc...cant wait to get her going....i was pleasantly surprised at the fit and finish as i ordered it sight unseen from LGS......i had read so many post about having to redo the stock, and how ugly the wood was as well as poor fit and finish..im either very lucky, or they are getting better all the time....well off to pet the new beast....
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

welcome mentaka It seems to be a growing trend lately I hope it continues. Keep us posted to your endevours as well
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Rio Grande

Post by Rio Grande »

mintaka wrote:....i was pleasantly surprised at the fit and finish as i ordered it sight unseen from LGS....
Sae here. I could find the 20" in SS and the 16" Blued, but no one had the SS 16" so I ordered it through my LGS. Very nervous when they 'unwrapped' it.

Hopefully another hundred rds tomorrow before winter comes back Sunday. Getting v-e-r-y tired of that white stuff!
"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man" - Lucky Ned Pepper
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

Nice looking gun, Rio Grande, and apparently a real keeper.

As far as the "white stuff", we got our share right now back here in Texas .... plumb thicket blossoms, Bradford pear blossoms, my hair :roll: ....... :lol:

JD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!