New 92

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
CLSTX

New 92

Post by CLSTX »

Received my 92 a couple weeks ago, Using the check list from the forum, passed inspection. Ordered Steve Kunz action kit, (worthwhile purchase) some of the suggest improvements seem to have been done by Rossi, the sharp edges on the Bolt and carrier already done, really just changed the ejector spring, and tweaked the loading gate and trigger spring, leaving the hammer spring alone for now. Action is very smooth. and so far has chambered everything I feed it, 38's & 357. Also redid the stock with Tru oil, original finish was not impressed with.

After having 2 bad experiences with Marlin 1894C, (both pre-Remington's) was a little leery of a lever gun in 357, Both Marlins have feed problems (were mostly single shots) and accuracy, the 2nd one even after warranty work too. This 92 came out of the box better than either Marlin, so I am very please with my decision to go with Rossi.

I'm one of the ones that haven't taken the time to figure out the picture posting yet.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: New 92

Post by akuser47 »

Well I am pleased to hear you have yourself a great rifle, and thanks for reporting in on it as well. RD has a great write up for posteing pics from your puter. Follow the instruction rd outlines in the link you should be gtg I use photobucket as it has links from their site that you can copy n past into your post. keep us posted.
http://www.rossi-rifleman.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
CLSTX

Post by CLSTX »

First try at picture posting.
RossiR92BL00p16_357_lft.JPG
RossiR92BLoop16_357_rt.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CLSTX

Post by CLSTX »

akuser47 wrote:Well I am pleased to hear you have yourself a great rifle, and thanks for reporting in on it as well. RD has a great write up for posteing pics from your puter. Follow the instruction rd outlines in the link you should be gtg I use photobucket as it has links from their site that you can copy n past into your post. keep us posted.
http://www.rossi-rifleman.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486
Worked just fine, Thank again !!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

great looking 92 good work keep us posted to your adventures with her.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Not only did you pass "picture posting" but you passed "Rossi buying" with flying colors it seems and with a 357 to boot! Well done. You assessment of the 1894C is the same as mine. After buying close close to 50 JM Marlins, it was my last buy. I'm glad I bought it last as I probably would not have bought a single one after it! I would take a R92 in 357 Mag over a 1894C every time.
Michael