Marlin 375

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Marlin 375

Post by pricedo »

Didn't know that they made a Marlin in 375 Winchester.
A 38-55 on steroids.
Had a chance to buy a Winchester 94 Big Bore in 375 Win last week......it was in great shape......$700 was the asking price .........it sold at that price......somebody wanted it a lot more than I did.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I think that Marlin made a bit over 16,000 of them.
Michael
olderndirt

Post by olderndirt »

I may have found some ammo and brass, will know tomorrow how much it will cost me. ;)
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:I think that Marlin made a bit over 16,000 of them.
Very scarce commodities indeed!
They're obviously JMs & I haven't seen a decent JM Marlin of any caliber on a used gun rack in years.
You're (RD) probably one of the few to sell a JM Marlin I know about in the past couple of years.
Owners are hanging on to them.
I've had my eyes open for a 1895M to complete my 3 x 450 Marlin TRIFECTA collection (BLR, 94 Trails End, 1895M).........fat chance of finding one.......better chance of finding Jimmy Hoffas Rolex wrist watch. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:You're (RD) probably one of the few to sell a JM Marlin I know about in the past couple of years. Owners are hanging on to them.
I figured I would sell them while the getting was good! Almost everything I had was a duplicate of another. The NIB 375 sold for $1475! A number of the used rifles sold in that price range with a couple over two grand! Sold a 219 Zipper barrel, just the barrel, for over a grand! To me, a rifle has no artificial value, it is only as good as the last shot I fired. My rifles gain value in my eyes because of a collection of last shots that pleased me. All these were sold at an inflated value because of a silly stamp.
pricedo wrote:I've had my eyes open for a 1895M to complete my 3 x 450 Marlin TRIFECTA collection (BLR, 94 Trails End, 1895M).........fat chance of finding one.......better chance of finding Jimmy Hoffas Rolex wrist watch. :mrgreen:
A good one to add if you can find it at a reasonable value is the 1895MR. It is the full sized 1895 in 450 Marlin. I want to say only 6,000 of them were produced. I had the email from the fellow in charge of their production until just recently but deleted it so I don't have the exact number.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote: I figured I would sell them while the getting was good! Almost everything I had was a duplicate of another. The NIB 375 sold for $1475! A number of the used rifles sold in that price range with a couple over two grand! Sold a 219 Zipper barrel, just the barrel, for over a grand! To me, a rifle has no artificial value, it is only as good as the last shot I fired. My rifles gain value in my eyes because of a collection of last shots that pleased me. All these were sold at an inflated value because of a silly stamp.
Wow.......hope you were in the first row in church that week.......I know I'd be feeling guilty as I counted the "greenbacks". :lol:

I agree with your utilitarian gun philosophy..........a gun is primarily & foremost a TOOL (a thing that performs a useful & needed function)........with the exception of a coupla family heirlooms my rifles are shooters/hunters or they're GONE. It doesn't necessarily have to do with how good a shooter a gun is or isn't. If I'm not shooting it I eventually get tired of dusting it off and off to the dealers it goes.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:Wow.......hope you were in the first row in church that week.......I know I'd be feeling guilty as I counted the "greenbacks". :lol:
Haah! Not in the least. Just giving the people what they want... "JB" roll stamps. ;)
Michael
dpe.ahoy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by dpe.ahoy »

$1400+, yah, my 375 would have a new home as well. I'd even turn loose of my 38-55 CB for that! They are both under-rated cartridges, I think with the right bullet, they could take any game animal in the lower 48 just fine. Michael, wanted to say thanks for the chance to get one of the 38-55 molds, now I just have to learn how to cast. :oops: DP
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

dpe.ahoy wrote:Michael, wanted to say thanks for the chance to get one of the 38-55 molds, now I just have to learn how to cast. :oops: DP
You're welcome!
Michael