92 Success

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

92 Success

Post by mr surveyor »

I finally had the time and weather to take my 92 in .44 mag to the range today, and my new chrony (from late December) and various loads to test .... after doing a bit of slicking of the internals and actually getting the darned "wings" on the ejector chopped down to size. I had carried loads from "mousefarts" to magnums to run through the chorony, in both jacketed and cast swc's to check for proper cycling and velocity. Just happened that my "med doc" was on the rifle range with his two young sons shooting a .357 revolver (range was pretty busy due to good weather) and we visited a bit, then I asked if they wanted to shoot my 44's. The boys were somewhere between 10-14 and both their eyes lit up, and one of them said something to their Dad about the "Dirty Harry gun". I had a box of light Trail Boss loads, and "moderate" loads of Unique and had all three of them shooting the R92 and the Ruger Super RedHawk. Watching their smiles almost made me not notice how smoothly the R92 was cycling the 240 gr swc's ... especially with the 10 year old using his thumb to open the lever then carefully easing it shut with one finger.

I hereby declare success with slicking up my 92! :D

Now, when I have time to put together my thoughts and questions, I'm going to be making a request for knowledge and info on my chrony results of the test rounds .... particularly the E.S. and SD.

Still the best part of the day was seeing the big grins on them two boys faces :mrgreen:

JD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: 92 Success

Post by akuser47 »

I love that thanks for sharing congrats on the deserved success of your work. Keep us posted to your findings.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Sounds like you passed it forward JD..... Sure it will be something those boys don't forget anytime soon!!
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

LOVE it when someone gets to shoot something new and has a good time.
BEST range experience I recall was when a former coworker asked me to bring some guns for a couple of his female co-ops. I said something about not bothering with the .45-70 and was informed they WANTED to try that. Both of them shot everything I brought including 4-5 rounds each from the 1886 .45-70 laughing all the time. One of them was scary accurate with my 629 Classic (and I brought full power loads). The other one settled down with my .45 CZ-97 and insisted on loading her own mags. She got 8 in the first one and her boyfriend got a 9th but had me put in the last round. Next go she got the first 9 in herself.

BTW the boyfriends wimped out and stopped with .22LR, 9mm and 5.56 while the girls were shooting the .45-70, .308, .30-06, .45 ACP and .44 Mag.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Well done mr surveyor!
Michael