Buds Gun Shop 92 rifles

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
gc70

Re: Buds Gun Shop 92 rifles

Post by gc70 »

apache67 wrote:I've seen posts on other forums indicating that Bud's can be "dicey" at times. I'm not sure if it's true or the poster is just someone with an axe to grind. Does anyone have any first-hand experience in dealing with them?
Apache67
I've had a problem with Bud's and I still buy firearms from them with great confidence. Bud's specializes in selling firearms at low prices and they handle that business extremely well. I have bought several guns from Bud's in the past and will undoubtedly do so in the future. The problem I had with Bud's involved accessories. Low-dollar accessories are a sideline that Bud's probably has to provide, but can't afford to devote much attention to, so I buy guns from Bud's and accessories elsewhere.
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Rooster59 »

Sounds like it is time to find another LGS to do transfers if yours charges $60. Wow.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Rooster59 wrote:Sounds like it is time to find another LGS to do transfers if yours charges $60. Wow.
Most of the local shops here in SoCal charge $60-100. There are a few dealers charging as low as $25 but they are few and far between and with the silly 10 day waiting period you can spend more in gas with two trips than you would going local.

My normal shop charges $100 but that includes the state registration fees so they are charging about a $65-75 as paperwork fee and receiving fee. Having helped out with the paperwork I can understand that.

BUT on top of that you end up having to pay the state of CA 'USE TAX' on the invoice price. That's CA requiring sales tax on goods shipped into the state. Since firearms have to be shipped dealer to dealer and registered they can hold you up at the pickup store and if you don't pay it you don't get your gun.

AS for Bud's,
I've picked up 3 firearms form them I couldn't find anywhere else.
A buddy has picked up 3 and another buddy probably more like six or ten.
The only problem I'm aware of was a Kimber that had a manufacturing defect that Kimber replaced. Since it wasn't found until after the gun was registered the replacement gun cost the owner another DROS (registration) fee which Kimber tossed him several magazines to make up for the trouble.
huckleberg

Post by huckleberg »

My 24" 92 in .357 is on the way from Buds ... they've done their part in a timely manner, now everything is held up by this damn winter blunderland we're trapped in here in the mid-atlantic! :x
anthem

Post by anthem »

Just DROS'd a 92 today that I bought from Buds.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

7 x Rossi 92/44 trappers (16" round bbl) just turned up on a Canadian gun dealers vendor site (Ellwood Epps) that I monitor priced at $450 CDN. :mrgreen:

** Canada requires a PAL (federal firearms license) to possess, own or acquire any firearm. The Canadian PAL essential makes the holder a mini FFL and legal licensed Canadian firearms owners can ship firearms to each other & dealers without a intermediary FFL being required to facilitate the actual transfer of the physical firearm.

It's never a good idea to run afoul of federal firearms law in Canada (Texas it ain't). You'll pick up at least a year as a conscripted guest of Her Majesty for a first offense. Getting caught with a loaded handgun without an ATC (authorization to carry) is good for a 4 years mandatory MINIMUM sentence. The RCMP is rabidly anti-gun and will do just about anything to confiscate a gun from a civilian.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA