Slippery stock

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Twofish

Slippery stock

Post by Twofish »

Is there a way to get my R92 to stick to my shoulder better?
There is almost no curve in the end of the stock and the metal end piece is very smooth and slippery. It feels like the stock wants to slide right off my shoulder. Shooting isn't too bad but I don't feel securely attached to the gun when I go to work the lever.
I would like to put a little more curve in the end of the stock but then I'll never get the metal end piece to fit correctly. I think this would look and feel good, but not if the metal doesn't fit.
Is there some sort of rubber pad or something that I can stick to the end piece so it will get more traction against my clothes?

Any suggestions?
HaveBlue83

Re: Slippery stock

Post by HaveBlue83 »

buy some grip tape, cut it to fit the buttplate, and stick on. it will be black, unobtrusive, not very noticeable, won't change the look, and traction......ohhhhh brother you will have traction!

*this is what I would do*
R92 16" Blued, .38/.357
Handloading 38Spl

Hey, Blond! You know what you are? Just a dirty son-of-a-b-!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

HaveBlue83 wrote:buy some grip tape, cut it to fit the buttplate, and stick on. it will be black, unobtrusive, not very noticeable, won't change the look, and traction......ohhhhh brother you will have traction!

*this is what I would do*
agreed this works well Ive used skateboard tape it holds up well.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Twofish

Post by Twofish »

Why didn't I think of that?
I think I have some in the shed. Going to go dig it up right now.
Thanks.