Feeding problem

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
vtoran

Feeding problem

Post by vtoran »

A week ago I finally bought the new Rossi 92 .454 Casull. It can not feed .45 cartridges from the tube. They stuck on the cartridge guides. Can I do something with it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Feeding problem

Post by akuser47 »

Have you removed rearstock and flushed after you have you cycle broke her this means sitting and cycleing her 500 times or more not dry firing. Just these things can cure most issues keep us posted there is some case deminsion differences, but they are so small like oal and actaul case diameter this should not matter.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
vtoran

Post by vtoran »

The first thing I did - I polished all the parts with 1000 sandpaper, cut the angles on cartridge guides and widened grooves, then impregnated the wood with flax oil and coated the wood with hot natural wax. The action became smoother, but it did't help with feeding. May be I should make grooves even wider or I should change the grooves angle? Masybe try to bevel and ramp the cartridge giude opens to assist in the rim moving on up. Only brain storming keep us posted
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Watch the cartridge closely as it moves past the guides. Watch the contact points and dress them a little at a time. Take too much off and you will be really in trouble getting replacement guides!
Michael