Scope on M92

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Jacko

Re: Scope on M92

Post by Jacko »

Make that another Vote for the Weaver K Series 4x28 Scout Scope, have one of a Baikal Single Shot and they are a great Scope. If my eyes ever get to the point where I can't use a Tang Sight like I have on my Rossi 92 I would not hesitate to Scout Mount one of those Weavers

regards Jacko
"To my deep mortification my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

-Charles Darwin
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Jacko wrote:Make that another Vote for the Weaver K Series 4x28 Scout Scope, have one of a Baikal Single Shot and they are a great Scope. If my eyes ever get to the point where I can't use a Tang Sight like I have on my Rossi 92 I would not hesitate to Scout Mount one of those Weavers

regards Jacko
Jacko, what cartridge is that Baikal chambered in?
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Jacko wrote:Make that another Vote for the Weaver K Series 4x28 Scout Scope, have one of a Baikal Single Shot and they are a great Scope. If my eyes ever get to the point where I can't use a Tang Sight like I have on my Rossi 92 I would not hesitate to Scout Mount one of those Weavers

regards Jacko
I guess that day eventually comes to even the most diehard of iron-sighters (on legacy leverguns) like me.......but not yet......knock on wood.

Don't hear mention of Baikal firearms much........that's unfortunate because they are excellent, well built guns.
I own a Baikal MP-221 SxS double rifle in 45-70 & a Baikal IZH-94 O/U 12 gauge/308 Win and am very pleased with both of them. Built like Russian tanks and not a single problem with either since I pulled them from the box several years ago. A friend of mine has 2 Baikal shotguns and has nothing but praise for them. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new Baikal sight unseen.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Toytruck

Post by Toytruck »

I have two of the M92 carbines with 16" barrels, one in .44 Mag and one in .45 Colt. They were both drilled and tapped on the barrel for a scout scope mount. You have to tap the rear sight out of the dovetail to attach the scope mount. I ordered my scout scope mounts from Midway USA for approx. $15. I have a Nikon 2x Monarch on one and a Weaver 2x on the other. The Nikon has a little sharper image than the Weaver but they are both pretty good scopes. I have also used the Burris Scout scope 2.75x on other lever actions and it is also a good scope. Good luck with your Rossi 92. They are great fun little rifles.