CVA Hunter Compact

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: CVA Hunter Compact

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

No you can never be to safe. There is a lot to be said for not advertising hey there's guns in here... :D
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I agree my house has encrouching slums literally on the other side of the track about a half city block away. The slums use to be a mile away. It is spreading. When i go shooting i break down rifle as small never transport in guncases use dufflesbags n backpacks as much as possible as to not be spotted loading guns into my car.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Tuco Ramirez wrote:No you can never be to safe. There is a lot to be said for not advertising hey there's guns in here... :D
And it's not that I'm ashamed in any way of being a gun owner that I don't advertise owning guns.
I'm quite proud of being a gun owner and a hunter and of holding life memberships in the NRA & GOA.
It's because I have enough respect and consideration for my fellow man that I don't want a gun stolen from me to be an instrument of anyone's death.

Supporting the Second Amendment isn't just about making grandiose declarations of moral support........it's about becoming an activist and digging into your wallet for membership fees and donations and actively lobbying your legislators with letters, phone calls & emails just as if we were at war.......cause WE ARE AT WAR against domestic political forces in this country that are ganging up to gut the Second Amendment and disarm us.

What the heck this has to do with a CVA Hunter Compact I don't know. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

My understanding is that the Rossi single action rifles (I don't own one) have much better triggers NIB than the NEF/H&R rifles.
I polished the triggers of my 2 NEF rifles so that they break crisply around 3 - 3.5 pounds.......as low as I need to go in a hunting rifle.
Last edited by pricedo on 24 Jan 2014 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Ok back on topic...... :lol: Soooooo RD I will assume you have already ordered this little gem? Knowing you, I would not be surprised if you had already shot a hog with it..
+corn

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Tuco Ramirez wrote:Ok back on topic...... :lol: Soooooo RD I will assume you have already ordered this little gem? Knowing you, I would not be surprised if you had already shot a hog with it..
+corn
Haah, hogs have been pretty thin as of late. I had to purchase it from grabagun.com here in Texas. Couldn't find anyone with any experience with one but I don't mind being first. Yeah, I will jump right into it with my 35 cast bullet loads as they have been settled for quite a while. Also have Remington and Buffalo Bore store bought ammo that I was given but didn't want to shoot through the 336D.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Good to hear i await your results
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

The contender has been out a long time and there are plenty of barrels available on eBay, guns America. Etc . Once you get past the initial investment it is easy to add barrels when the price is right. Yes if you bought new barrels each time it is pricey, but the price of a lot of barrel is under $200 each. And the velocity and energy of 14" barrel is not that much less than 20" bbl.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Picked up the rifle today, it is very nice and well made. Put a Bushnell Banner 1.5-45x32, bore sighted it, and went right to shooting it with the old standard Remington 200-grain soft point factory ammo. What a nice rifle!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Good to hear
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

I am getting into the single shot rifles again myself... forgot how much fun they are to shoot.