Got my new sites on...

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Recruit

Re: Got my new sites on...

Post by Recruit »

I've intentionally held off ordering a Skinner barrel peep sight because haven't yet taken the time to research what change to the front sight is needed, if any. Perhaps the stock front sight currently installed with work just fine, IDK.

I've been busy researching slicking and springs and working up test loads. Once slicking/springs are done, will move onto sights :)

Any pointers or will I need to order a few front sites for experimenting?
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: Got my new sites on...

Post by mr surveyor »

Recruit wrote:I've intentionally held off ordering a Skinner barrel peep sight because haven't yet taken the time to research what change to the front sight is needed, if any. Perhaps the stock front sight currently installed with work just fine, IDK.

I've been busy researching slicking and springs and working up test loads. Once slicking/springs are done, will move onto sights :)

Any pointers or will I need to order a few front sites for experimenting?
I'm exactly where you are. Being my first Rossi lever gun, I've been working through the normal issues one by one. I probably have 150-200 rounds through it now and think I've done about all the smoothing and tweaking it needs. At this point I've had it apart enough to trust that it will be dependable and not need any Rossi Unicorn Replacement Parts (hopefully). Now I think I can comfortably consider spending money on the sights, but would really like to install the Scout scope that RD is so fond of.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!