Screamin' Deal in Indy

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
apache67

Screamin' Deal in Indy

Post by apache67 »

Hey, Guys,
I was just at the Dick's Sporting Goods at Trader's Point (86th & Zionsville) in Indianapolis, IN. They had a 92 in .44 Mag on clearance for $380, plus you can get 10% off that price if you sign up for their credit card, so it ends up being $342. It was blued, had a 20" round barrel and a Picatinny rail forward of the receiver.

I have no interest in a .44 Mag, but I thought I'd pass the info along so someone can get a decent deal on the rifle we all love. :D

I hope this is the correct forum to post this information. if not, feel free to move it.
Thanks,
Apache67
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Screamin' Deal in Indy

Post by akuser47 »

Nice deal cannot beat it even if you do not love her you can easily sell her to make the money back. Maybe even a tad bit if profit. Keep us posted to your first range trip and how she functions.
You are in the right place def. Keep us posted.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
apache67

Post by apache67 »

Oops... I don't think I was too clear in my post (forgive the newbie). I didn't buy it. I was just letting others know it was there in case someone wanted it.
Sorry for the confusion.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

No problem i made the mistake of assumption. Lol no problem just post the details so maybe sombody can nail this deal. Thanks for the update.
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

That would be a good buy for some lucky person!!
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

apache67 wrote:Hey, Guys,
I was just at the Dick's Sporting Goods at Trader's Point (86th & Zionsville) in Indianapolis, IN. They had a 92 in .44 Mag on clearance for $380, plus you can get 10% off that price if you sign up for their credit card, so it ends up being $342. It was blued, had a 20" round barrel and a Picatinny rail forward of the receiver.

I have no interest in a .44 Mag, but I thought I'd pass the info along so someone can get a decent deal on the rifle we all love. :D

I hope this is the correct forum to post this information. if not, feel free to move it.
Thanks,
Apache67
It sounds like a 50-002 in that the scope base is attached. Rossi uses Weaver base, not a Picatinny rail. They are different.

Did you notice if it had the synthetic cheek piece? All the "-002" models have been discontinued. Which would explain the discount given from a chain store.
Michael
apache67

Post by apache67 »

Unfortunately, no cheek piece. You're obviously right about the sight base. I was not paying close enough attention. Thanks for the "edjumacation" :D

If someone doesn't grab it soon, I may go back to get it; if only to trade it for the one I want (.357 Mag).
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Now that could work to keep us posted.