new 380 auto

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
bueller66

new 380 auto

Post by bueller66 »

just picked up this lil Jimenez Arms 380 Auto for 225 bucks....brand new and will fit in your pocket.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: new 380 auto

Post by Ranch Dog »

I owned and shot one for quite a bit. In fact, I owned all the JA pistols at one time. When I ventured into cast bullet designs for seimi-autos, I bought the entire line up to use as "test mules" for my work. I found the company great to work with. I cracked the frame of JA-380 using a "too heavy" bullet for the design, Jimenez Arms replaced the pistol without question or expense in a matter of days. That experience taught me to consider and respect the recoil energies that the handgun was designed around. The springs within a semi-auto are made for a specific range of bullets weights.

What I loved the most was the reaction other shooters have around them. Shooters love ragging on Bryco Arms, Jennings, and Jimenez Arms. They get so wrapped up in the rant they they don't stop to see that you have out shot or out scored them. I even showed up at Front Sight with the JA-Nine. It shot the grueling four day defensive handgun course.

There is a great group of guys, like the fellows on this forum, that support these and other Saturday Night specials: Bryco-Jennings-Jimenezarms.com
Michael
bueller66

Post by bueller66 »

Thanks for the feedback. Coming from you Ranch Dog I feel really good about the purchase now. thanks for the link too!
bueller66

Post by bueller66 »

oh and my next purchase will be the Rio Grande 30-30....coming soon!!!!!!!!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Ive had many of what some call saturday night specials brands I disagree with this. I have had raven p25 .25auto it was ok not very accurate but 100% reliable. two jennings 22 shot one till frame split and the pther I sold shorlty after. I like the phoeonix arms 22 my dad has one we have shot 1000 of .22lr through.
I am not familiar with your brand but if it works and you like it then that is enought I have a keltec PTA3 .380 nice n tiny pocket gun
blackhawk holster anddesantis pocket holster
in the desantis pocket holster
blackhawk holster with a belt clip on it nice easy to carry
and a nice veiw of the little plastic fantastic all were shot with my passport wallet to give a size comparison
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
kalboy

Post by kalboy »

I had the Jimenez JA32 , same gun as the op but in 32acp instead of 380. Owned it maybe a year and shot 400 + rds of both FMJ and JHP ammo thru it. Not one single failure. Now the trigger was the worst I've ever had but hte gun did function w/o issue.
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
Down here the caliber .380 is the "most carried" CC cartridge. Then the 9mm Makarov. Me I will stick with a 5 shot 38 Special stoked with 164 grain WC's made of range scrap. That little Rossi and me have near 20 years of happy trails. Have a "Hip Grip" on it and it is very easy to forget about being there.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.