Tried the 454 again with fingers crossed

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Tried the 454 again with fingers crossed

Post by pricedo »

donhuff wrote:But as long as demand exceeds supply, why change a thing? Seen many 357 R92s on the shelves lately? Until another company steps up and makes a better product at the same price, or cheaper, it aint gonna happen.
You've made a coupla good points.

If people are buying the guns there is no incentive to improve the product even if Rossi is well aware of known defects like the forearm relief issue. In a sellers market increasing production costs in any way would be an action against interest.......or more precisely against the bottom line. Pretty hard to increase sales when every gun you make is gone within hours of hitting the dealers new gun racks.

The only real competition in the pistol cartridge levergun marketplace in the same price range would be the Marlin 1894 which Remington hasn't resumed the manufacture of to date though I presume they will at some point in time. The Chiappa 92 costs 50% more than the equivalent Rossi 92 & a Winchester (Miroku) 1892 is double the price of a Rossi 92 so there is no real competition there.

I am definitely less tolerant of slipshod & substandard construction & workmanship in products I pay good money for than you are. When I buy a new car I fully expect that it be at least functional new off the sales lot without me having to rebuild it or do major repairs & modifications to it at my own cost in time, money or materials........I'll freely admit it........I'm kinda funny that way. :mrgreen:

The Rossi 92 was a budget gun (< $300 each) when I bought my 3 Amadeo Rossi rifles and the few mostly housekeeping fit & finish issues I had to repair were forgivable in that context.........but the context has changed, these aren't cheap guns any more.........the quality of the product has dropped under the BrazTech regime but the price sure the heck hasn't.

Your 92/454 still has outstanding issues.........we'll see how things develop in the fullness of time.

My fingers ARE crossed.......I hope things work out for your gun.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA