Rossi 92 45 Colt with Brass reciever?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rossi 92 45 Colt with Brass reciever?

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:
Conman wrote:I can't resist pointing out that the word FURNITURE does NOT refer to the STOCK and FOREARM on long guns!!

Learn something new every day.........I was referring to the wood on the Henry rifles which was gorgeous. :mrgreen:
Same here, very interesting reference, thanks!
Michael
silvertip

Re: Rossi 92 45 Colt with Brass reciever?

Post by silvertip »

Ranch Dog wrote:
pricedo wrote:
Conman wrote:I can't resist pointing out that the word FURNITURE does NOT refer to the STOCK and FOREARM on long guns!!

Learn something new every day.........I was referring to the wood on the Henry rifles which was gorgeous. :mrgreen:
Same here, very interesting reference, thanks!
Yeah, I think I began to notice the term furniture being used for stocks and fore ends in the late '70's or early '80's. Then when everybody piled into the Internet in the '90's it really took off. Those who tried to stop the misuse of the term got overwhelmed. Besides there was a lot more "furniture" on a muzzle loader than can be found on modern rifles. There was the thimbles that held the ramrod; the escutcheons that held the barrel wedge; the inlays along the stock; the patch box; etc. All us old guys who were learning about guns in the '50's and early '60's heard the correct use of the term and grew up knowing.