rear sight

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
donhuff
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: rear sight

Post by donhuff »

JD,
Yeah, I recognized the ramp problem within 10 shot on my first r92. The group got lower and lower until it finally bottomed out.

A daisy bb gun LOL. Wish I had one I could rob the ramp off of.
Don Huff

to bad those that know it all, cant do it all!
16" SS 92 357
20" BL 92 357
20" SS 92 44
20" BL 92 44
20" Bl 92 45C
20" Bl 92 454
SS Rio Grande 30-30
Bl Rio Grande 45-70
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Rooster59 »

The Skinner front does come in three different widths for ramps or dovetailed barrels. For the Rossi barrel the 3/8" wide for ramps may actually fit more attractively. I have 1/2" wide ones for dovetailed barrels but I like to soften the corners with a file before installing them. Ramped front blades fit nicely and look smooth.

The rifle length #66 Marbles will probably fit your barrel. However, keep in mind the elevator high end fits in front of the buckhorn and the receiver end of the elevator now comes with a short tab and raised nub to grip for adjustment. It extends out from under the buckhorn a bit but shouldn't interfere with your receiver. If it does, a quick swipe with a dremel would lop it off and not cause difficulty in adjusting.

Williams or Marbles offers somewhere a formula for measuring sight height relative to bore centerline. If the Marbles buckhorn doesn't land in the exact same place as the stock buckhorn you will want to know how high it is from bore centerline. Basically, with a calipers measure the barrel OD where your current buckhorn is, divide that by two, then measure the height from the top of the barrel. Then repeat where the Marbles will sit. For reference, the #66 measures 2.55" from center of dovetail to the point where the buckhorn rests on the elevator. From your photos, it looks like you may need the standard/low model. Especially with a tapered barrel.

Let me know if you need the measurement of the shorter #63. I have one in my parts bin too.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
BNSF

Post by BNSF »

Just got back to the house, I ground the rear sight flat, left the groove, pulled the brass pin out of the front sight .made all of the shiny stuff black with sharpy I like it thanks
mod 85

"
donhuff
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by donhuff »

I keep a sharpie in my shooting box just for that reason.
Don Huff

to bad those that know it all, cant do it all!
16" SS 92 357
20" BL 92 357
20" SS 92 44
20" BL 92 44
20" Bl 92 45C
20" Bl 92 454
SS Rio Grande 30-30
Bl Rio Grande 45-70