New R92

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
pauco

New R92

Post by pauco »

Picked up a new R92 20 "carbine in 44 mag today for 399.00. Been debating it for some time,finally ran across the right deal at the right time. Not my first Rossi,I've owned at least a half dozen last 40 years,and currently have two Wizards. Not my first lever either, I've owned a dozen or more, mostly 94's, 336's,and 1894's. I've come to expect that I will have to work on Rossi's to get them working as they should. Do not think that's going to be the case with this one though. It is beautifully finished and assembled.Dealer let me closely examine all four he had in stock,all were exceptionally well done and it was tough making a choice. Nice metal finish on all,no apparent tool marks,rich blueing,no oversized screw holes or buggered screws. Wood was nice on all,not walnut but an excellent substitute. Very smoothly sanded and evenly stained,needs a topcoat but that's all. Excellent wood to metal fit as well. Action was very smooth on all,even when loaded. All I had to do was clean off the packing grease. First 20 rounds went through it smoothly and without a hitch. Even the sights were set dead on at about 40 yards,out of the box. Had planned on adding a Skinner or Lyman peep sight, but don't think I am just yet. Had also thought about a Boyd's walnut stock and forearm as well,but the factory stock is way too nice to replace. Only thing I'm going to do is replace the magazine follower and do a little more cleaning. Even the loading port was smooth,not rough and ragged as they often are. I'm impressed !! Both my Wizard's required more initial work than the 1892. Been looking for an 1894 for a long while,difficult to find and very overpriced. Happy now that I chose the 1892 !!
parson48

Re: New R92

Post by parson48 »

Congrats on the new addition!

I'm pleased with my new acquisition also. Only had it out once, but it did fine.

Let us know how it shoots.

Bill
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum pauco! That is a very good price you bought at plus being able to make the selection! Looks like the little bit of work paid off. I have a gaggle of Marlin 1894s but honestly, I prefer my sounder of R92s hands down!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

nice find congrats
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!