Old Rossi PUMA in 38.357

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Old Rossi PUMA in 38.357

Post by pricedo »

Conman wrote:
pricedo wrote:The Puma 92/357 trapper is a nifty little firearm for sure (I have 2 of them) but if I was sent a carbine instead I certainly wouldn't send it back or be terribly disappointed. I always looked on false/faulty (false - fraudulent, faulty - a honest mistake with no intent to mislead) advertising of a product as leverage to engineer a discount at the sales end.
Thanks for your input.

It never crossed my mind that there was any intent to mislead me, the buyer, just an error. And, I did bargain for a "discount".
In 99% of the cases there is no conscious intent to mislead and misinformation in advertising is just a honest mistake on someones part. The inventory clerks who process the data entries likely wouldn't know a trapper or carbine levergun from a horse shoe.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Conman

Post by Conman »

golfish wrote:
There's only one thing to do. I have a 16" 44 carbine I'd be willing to trade you straight across for it. :twisted:

All kidding aside, that's a very nice lever gun you have there...thanks for sharing.

The offer is open all day, week, year long:)
golfish, that would work great but I have no use for a .44. I'd have to get stocked up on ammunition that I don't currently have a supply of!!! Thanks anyway.

Conman
Conman

Post by Conman »

silvertip wrote:Is that the one that was on Gunbroker a few weeks back? I had hoped to bid on it, but still had not convinced my better half how much we needed a .357 mag lever gun. :) So I guess I'll just play with the new Braztech Rossi that I bought the following week. Enjoy your new carbine.
Silvertip, I bought it from gunbroker but It just arrived last week. I don't know if this is the one you saw or not. I just got tired of looking for one at local gun shows; they are all the "new and improved" and I have no use for them. I saw this one on gunbroker on the 14th and placed a bid. Before going to bed that night I looked and noticed I was only fifty bucks from the Buy Now price so just had to hit the BUY NOW.
Conman

Post by Conman »

Okay, I got the new toy all cleaned up; wasn't bad - a little black in the barrel and nothing in the action. I don't think this rifle has seen much firing.

I got out two days ago and fired off a few rounds as did my daughter. We were both about 2 inches to the right of the POA. I took it to the work bench last night and noticed the rear sight was a lot more to the right of center than it should have been. I took my little hammer and brass punch and centered the rear sight.

I had a few minutes this afternoon so ran out to the back yard range and fired 3 .38 special 158 grain rounds and 3 .357 125 Fiocchi SJSP 125 grain rounds.

What a great shooting firearm. Thirty-eights don't have much recoil in a Model 10 S&W and absolutely no recoil in a six pound PUMA..........even the .357's only make a louder noise without recoil. SWEET...

Targets follows:
Three rounds of .38 Special from 25 yards.

Three rounds of .357 Magnum from 25 yards
Last edited by Conman on 27 Jul 2014 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Pretty darn nice!
Michael
Tacoma Slim

Post by Tacoma Slim »

I had been looking for a .357 lever gun. I had checked all the shops in my area. It was my birthday just recently and I was rechecking one of the shops just up the road and there it was. One just like this, Interarms Puma .357 with a 20" barrel with a tang peep sight already on it, $225! Happy Birthday to me! Sorry to brag, but I figured most of you would share my joy!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Tacoma Slim wrote:I had been looking for a .357 lever gun. I had checked all the shops in my area. It was my birthday just recently and I was rechecking one of the shops just up the road and there it was. One just like this, Interarms Puma .357 with a 20" barrel with a tang peep sight already on it, $225! Happy Birthday to me! Sorry to brag, but I figured most of you would share my joy!
Congrats!............nice find. :mrgreen:
The PUMAs made prior to the Taurus takeover that were originally given the moniker "PUMA" (rtm) & sold through LSI are probably the best of the Rossi 92 genre akin to the JM Marlins & pre-64 Winchesters.
I have one ......it's a trapper in 357 Mag ........other than a little initial cleaning & polishing..........no problems. :D
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
parson48

Post by parson48 »

Had one a few years back, and let it go. That, along with a marlin 39A, are two that I wish I had kept!

Enjoy the new gun.
Strawdawg

Post by Strawdawg »

Some days, it is just your day! Maybe buy a MegaMillion ticket next? :D With commercial ammo, I don't think you lose anything with the 16" barrel. It may be that you gained a couple of fps over a 20"

Great Find! and a good shooter!
+guns
Steve

East of Eden on Tasajillo Hill