Wyoming newcomer

Tell us a bit about yourself!
mach37

Wyoming newcomer

Post by mach37 »

How I came to own a 92R 454 Casull: I bought a Winchester 94AE 30-30 several months back, and have had a consistent jamming problem while trying to feed cartridges. I'm sure that will eventually be corrected, but in the meantime I decided to look for a used (cheaper) lever-action that would take my 45 LC ammo. Checking the various auction sites showed that used carbines cost just as much, and more, as new ones, and I am too far away from bigger towns with pawn shops to shop that way. Well, one auction site came up with a brand new Rossi 92 45LC for well under $500. You know how that can escalate; checking the same seller's other auctions, they had a 92R 454 Casull for "only a few dollars more" that would also take my 45 LC ammo, so here I am. My only complaint is that the machining on the bolt of the Rossi does not appear to be any better than than on my 2005 Winchester; everything else seems to be as good, if not better, and running a handfull of 45 LC cartridges through the action showed no jams.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wyoming newcomer

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum! The 454 Casull rifles are getting to be quite common, that's good! You going to hunt with it?
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Wyoming newcomer

Post by akuser47 »

welcome
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!