So who here loves the ruger mark III? I do!

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Trailboss
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: So who here loves the ruger mark III? I do!

Post by Trailboss »

akuser47 wrote:I keep battleing with myself over getting one. I think I would rather buy another gun, then spend the time and money involved with it. I have a very tight toy budget So I go all over the place on what I want at times. lol my local leo will sign off so it is just the idea of 400 bucks for can 200 for stamp then whatever else I'm forgeting in between. lol someday maybe.
I hear what you're saying and feel the same way. I struggled for quite awhile before going for it. My Sparrow works on my Ruger 22/45, my Ruger 10-22 TD and my Browning T-Bolt. Three very different kinds of shooting but all quiet now.
Aim small, miss small.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I may get somthing a bit universal to use for my ar15 as well not sure if the sparrow can handle a 5.56 though never looked into it yet but would like a hard hitting round to work with it as I want to thread my savage 93bvts in .17hmr I know the sparrow works with this other than sonic crack as there is no sub ammo in .17hmr lol My buddy who has a sparrow can has used it with his .17hmr not bad other than the sonic crack. I want to get as much out of as I can if I ever do get one. I think my Mark III would be sexy with a can.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Trailboss
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Trailboss »

akuser47 wrote:I may get somthing a bit universal to use for my ar15 as well not sure if the sparrow can handle a 5.56 though
The Sparrow and other 22 cans will generally work with .17, 22 in the various versions as well as 22 mag. Cost for these ranges from around $250-$500. A can for the 5.56 costs quite a bit more and is larger, cost is more like $800-$1000. I've learned that a can that works for a 308 or 3006 will also work fine for a 5.56.
Aim small, miss small.