92 PITA!!

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
olereb

Re: 92 PITA!!

Post by olereb »

4kdave wrote:Same thing happened to me and I stripped the screw so contacted Rossi and they sent me two. I put the new screw in and put a large amount of pressure on it before trying to turn it and it threaded right in no problem.
Hope this helps and I am sure if you Email Rossi with the problem they will treat you right.

Dave
I'm calling them Monday to pick up a bunch of parts,i tried calling this morning but they are closed for thanksgiving.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: 92 PITA!!......a word to the wise

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Also why I don't take any stock in the help videos, websites, CDs; what have you, as not one addresses this. This is the #1 problem with the Rossi R92! They, Rossi, torque the crap out of a new rifle (this is their "hand fitting"), and then make a mess out of the barrel. The leave you at risk in providing the relief. For this and this alone the production of rifles in this series should stop until the rifle is redesigned. I don't know what has been changed from JB design.

As far as Rossi correcting the issue, they will simply torque the hell out of it and return it. No telling how many feed and cycle issues they induce in the process that the owners chase springs to cure.

No telling how many barrels they bend or cant in the process. The steel used in the receiver isn't that strong.
+1
Exactly why I'll NEVER send a gun I own to Rossi Customer Service (CS).
I think the only tools they have at Rossi CS are a 500 pound jaw vise, a 36" pipe wrench and a dremel & of course Popeye to provide the armstrong power.
I thoroughly check the rifles in the shop and if they don't pass all my criteria & cycle dummy ammo then & there they go right back on the rack.
A little stiffness is acceptable as I've cleaned plenty of crud out of NIB Rossi rifles over they years.......it's par for the course.
I will NOT buy any Rossi rifle sight-unseen.
Anybody who does is leaving alot to chance and has only themselves to blame if they wind up with a dud after the long litany of tales of woe and warnings on this forum and others.
I think there would be a market for Rossi 92 forearm relief kits complete with printed instructions, a drill bit, a round file and a new band screw.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA