Savage model 99

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
silvertip

Re: Savage model 99

Post by silvertip »

Arroyoshark, that is the same model that I had, Savage 99E in .308. Those lines are classic. Glad you were able to buy this rifle and learn it's history.
Arroyoshark
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Savage model 99

Post by Arroyoshark »

Thanks fellas. This is my first experience w a Savage 99, but it seems to shoulder easily and it is quick to get on target. The photo doesn't really show the wear and tear on the stock, but I think I will sand it down and refinish it this winter. I don't get out deer hunting as much anymore, but it seems like the Savage would be ideal. My limited experience does not indicate this rifle is a tack driver, but it is reasonably accurate at 100 yards. I need to do some more load development. I don't own very many persnickety rifles, but this Savage seems to have a preference for R-P brass and IMR4064 and H4895 powder.

I'd love to hear from others with experience with the Savage 99 and reloading for it.
When sitting down to clean a gun, the first step is to load another gun - Elmer Keith