R92 454 arrived today

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: R92 454 arrived today

Post by pricedo »

Xshot wrote:joec - first I would like to wish you a full and speedy recovery.

I've been following this thread, because I'm also a new .454 owner. Mine came with the head of the mag ring screw snapped off. Also the forearm wood was machine improperly. I waiting for the to ship me a new screw and mag ring. A replacement ring is required, because I will have to drill out the damaged screw and ruin the mag ring in the process. They'll replace the forearm wood, but I have to send them the original first. I willing to bet they have a lot of customers wanting a nicer furniture, therefore the goofy policy.

The action and trigger seem pretty smooth as delivered. Hopefully, I'll be as happy with my .454 as I now am with my SS .357 R92.
That's outrageous for a NIB gun :x ........I certainly hope that Braztech is coming good for the shipping costs...........prepaid shipping labels and so forth. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Xshot

Post by Xshot »

pricedo - they're shipping me parts and covering all costs.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Xshot wrote:pricedo - they're shipping me parts and covering all costs.
Good......I'm glad to hear it. :D
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeah, that is good!
Michael
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Ok problem with the inner magazine tube is fixed. I was only one pin with a hole drilled in the wrong spot. I drove out the pin and now have the stainless steel spring and magazine follower reinstalled and it loads perfectly. I've now also installed the safety replacement button by Steve Gunz that I got from RD. I'm now starting on the wood and will hold off on the sight rail until I've shot it a bit more with the iron sights at the range. Then I put on the Weaver Scout scope an mount.
Joe