Cutting up firearms

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cutting up firearms

Post by Ranch Dog »

On September 1, here in Texas the Penal Code went through quite a few changes concerning firearms. A summary of one such change:
"--The abusive policy of destroying firearms in police custody has ended. Those guns must be sold, the money used to fight crime."

Citizens will no longer be able to turn a firearm over to law enforcement to be destroyed, they will have to take care of it themselves.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I pray this spreads like wildfire good news.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
f100cleveland

Post by f100cleveland »

I hope other states take notice and change their policies
eljay

Post by eljay »

when australian police forces changed from the S&W 357 to the 10mm glock (if you cant stop it with 6 rounds of .357, 15 of 10mm aint gunna do it) guess what happened to all the smiths? and most with holster wear and VERY little firing. same as the US, taxpayers dollars wasted, sickens me.
JackOAT

Post by JackOAT »

I work for the .gov supporting .mil. You wouldn't believe all the weapons we destroy in the weld/machine shop! M16's don't faze me but a while back we had to cut up a TON of M14 parts, and gages. Almost brought me to tears!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Its sad imagine the amount of weapons border patrol has siezed and destroyed every year. I hope for texas that this new law rd mentioned will at least feed those back into law abiding citizens hands of the United states. Earns money for their enforcment programs and saves the money they would pay to have them destroyed.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Maximumbob54
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Maximumbob54 »

Ranch Dog wrote:On September 1, here in Texas the Penal Code went through quite a few changes concerning firearms. A summary of one such change:
"--The abusive policy of destroying firearms in police custody has ended. Those guns must be sold, the money used to fight crime."

Citizens will no longer be able to turn a firearm over to law enforcement to be destroyed, they will have to take care of it themselves.
God bless Texas. That just made my day to read that.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I had a do%%%% ba% brother-in-law, liberal, gun hating so and so. His dad died and he inherited a pair of Savage 99s, one each chambered in 250 & 300 Savage. Shortly after BHO was elected and in a fit of the "world is finally right" euphoria, he called the Harris County SO to pick them up to be destroyed. The SO begged him not to do it but once he signed the paper they were given the death sentence and destroyed.

My sister finally rid herself of him. Weird how things turn in this world. He recently killed a woman with his automobile; fault has yet to be determined, but I wonder if he will now forever shun the auto as a tool of death such as he did these classic firearms.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

akuser47 wrote:Its sad imagine the amount of weapons border patrol has siezed and destroyed every year. I hope for texas that this new law rd mentioned will at least feed those back into law abiding citizens hands of the United states. Earns money for their enforcment programs and saves the money they would pay to have them destroyed.
The BP is federal so I'm not sure if the law would apply to their work in Texas. Probably not.
Michael