Adding a bayonet to a Rossi 92

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
JackOAT

Re: Adding a bayonet to a Rossi 92

Post by JackOAT »

I am not really into it, but hey; a gun guy doesnt need to explain! I have a couple M44's? and 91/30's and I was told the weapons will not shoot POA with the bayonet folded in. I would stick with a detachable version. I am sure any decent machinist could adapt an M16 type lug for you!

I want to see the results!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

A bayonet on a civilian hunting rifle........adds a new dimension to the saying "I thought I'd seen everything". :lol:

If you really think about it it ain't so ridiculous for some applications (ie. bear defense gun)......in bear country I can see a good reason for such a thing.........if one of the umpteen safeties on a new Braztech 92 fails you have an arms length foot long blade to "tickle the bears innards" with as a last ditch defense. :geek:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Bayonets always bring back a memory for me... as a E1 in basic training with a DI telling the Company how sharp the bayonet was and not to pull it out until told. Well a 17 year old could not stand that kind of challenge so I silently slipped it out of the scabbard and immediately cut the hell out of myself! Not wanting any attention from the DI I silently stopped the bleeding, hid the gauze used, and managed to keep the dressed hand out of view until a time that I could claim something else had done it in training, and then receive the needed stitches. That took two days to distant the event enough that I felt safe! The cut was so clean I didn't need to worry about it mending in that period, every time I looked at it, it flowed like a river!
Michael
JackOAT

Post by JackOAT »

Too funny! No amount of instruction or threats can make anything "GI proof" when there is a young private in the equation!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Reminds me of the hilarious Gomer Pyle USMC TV series starring if my memory serves me correctly Jim Neighbors. :lol:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
silvertip

Post by silvertip »

During my basic training in Jan/Feb '69 a young PV1 (not me) pulled the bayonet off the muzzle of his M14 rifle and cut the side of his face open. He finished the rest of training with a gauze bandage over his cheek. From that point on all of our basic training company had to keep the scabbards on our blades even while mounted on the rifles.

To the OP, I like bayonets and have several for my AR15's, M1's, '03 Springfields, and German G3 variants. But unless it is one of the rarer musket models of Winchester's lever guns, I'll pass this time. ;)
hcable

Post by hcable »

need to realize that with a bayonet in place, the rifle's accuracy nose dives. try it, but of course, for upclose range pig sticking distance this wouldnt matter. but at 100 yds or so, it is quite dramatic.

i have a winchester 1895 russian musket lever gun, but the bayonets are very expensive, but it sure would look cool for display !
Maximumbob54
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Maximumbob54 »

It looked like that pic of the Marlin had the lug built onto the mag tube. I wouldn't think the mag tube could take that kind of a work out if the bayonet ever got used for real.