Best Defense

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Best Defense

Post by Ranch Dog »

I was watching "Best Defense" on the Outdoor Channel and saw that Davidson's, a principal sponsor, uses both the Rio Grande and Circuit Judge in their ad that runs twice during the show. Of all the long guns they have to choose from, it is interesting that two Rossi's are selected. Taurus is also a sponsor of this program.

What is really weird is that my wife is very interested in the program. She is the one who recorded it. She asked me if I would like to watch it as she has been watching it so I sat down for a new episode. Low and behold this lady evaluated the Taurus TCP, her choice for conceal carry, so she was like...

+corn

... it was a good, honest review of the handgun and I suspect she will continue to watch the series.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Best Defense

Post by akuser47 »

Awesome, It's nice when the wife can so relate to your own interests. Sounds like you have it good RD. Congrats. In days of economic toil I think we will see alot more of this. Value and qaulty just not always as purty as all other options. But can be made so with a little work. Love Rossi's and taurus guns I wish I had never gotten rid of my taurus tracker in .357 loved it.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

The Rio Grande being a superb levergun should sell itself.
The Circuit Judge "rifolvers" I looked at violated most of the principles of good gun design I know about & appeared to target the novelty crowd who just like to make noise on the weekends with unorthodox bordering on weird looking guns that function more as conversation pieces than firearms........maybe Braztech has improved the design since......probably not if people are buying them anyway regardless of the CJs obvious deficiencies in the ballistic department. :mrgreen:
I'm glad the range where I witnessed the CJs being fired had protective clear plastic splatter plates between the firing stations. An animal standing beside the gun would be in as much danger as one standing in front of the gun judging from what I saw. :shock:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Sosoomi

Post by Sosoomi »

When is this show on.... I looked all over but couldn't find the schedule...
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Sosoomi wrote:When is this show on.... I looked all over but couldn't find the schedule...
The DVR captures it, I will ask my wife and let you know. I found it on the OutdoorChannel website but could not find it this weeks schedule.
Michael
Sosoomi

Post by Sosoomi »

Thanks RD...that's exactly what I want to do as well ... The DVR thang!