Brand New: Seeking a 92

Tell us a bit about yourself!
d29d

Brand New: Seeking a 92

Post by d29d »

Brand new to your site. I've been looking for a stainless 92 in .357/.38 and was told the 20" is better balanced than the 16". I lean to the 20" since it holds the 10 rounds required for some events. I am also torn as to whether to get an action job done by an expert or try to do it myself.
Before I make my purchase, I'd appreciate a few opinions from 92 owners.
Thanks
Ninety Caliber

Re: Brand New: Seeking a 92

Post by Ninety Caliber »

I use my 20" .357 as a CAS main match rifle. It's probably had 4000 rounds through it with no issues . Allot of guys will change out the ejector spring for the Steve's Gunz one but that will affect what OAL cartridge it will feed. I'm sure others will respond but I left mine stock on purpose. I shortened the lever lock spring and the carrier friction stud spring and mine is slick as glass and will reliably feed BOtTH .38 & .357!
I wanted to be able to hunt with it as well. You'll find as you research on this sight that they all need something different.Go for it and enjoy!
N.C.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Brand New: Seeking a 92

Post by akuser47 »

welcome
Find the rifle inspect it well if possible before buying cycle dummy rounds to check function. If you can do a tune up on a small block chevy then you can tune up a rossi.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!