Joined the 92 Club

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Strawdawg

Joined the 92 Club

Post by Strawdawg »

.38/.357 to go with the RG 30-30 and the Marlin 1894 in .44 mag

Bought it locally from a guy that has found one in .45 LC
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve

East of Eden on Tasajillo Hill
Conman

Re: Joined the 92 Club

Post by Conman »

Congrats on the new toy. Looking good!
Strawdawg

Post by Strawdawg »

I checked the serial number and the gun is a 2012 model. Guy that I bought it from said he had cleaned it recently. I decided to go out and shoot it yesterday but got distracted by something. I was sitting in my chair with the gun in my lap and for some reason I decided to see what the rifling looked like. I opened the lever and looked down the barrel and did not see anything...thought maybe it was just too dark in the house for my old eyes so I got up and got a flashlight...saw nothing with the light at the breech end...shined it into the muzzle and saw something. I thought a patch had come off in the barrel...but, when I pushed a cleaning rod against it, a 1/4" "plug" of acorn chips fell out. How in the heck they got into the barrel and made a plug about 6" from the muzzle, I don't know.

Cleaned it up and it definitely had a dirty bore beyond the acorn chips. Went out and shot a few .38's thru it. I believe someone did some work on the gun because it cycled effortlessly and tossed the empties less than a foot above the receiver. I'm not touching it. You all are right, recoil was .22 lr-ish.

I am extremely pleased with the gun. Everything seems to fit perfectly on it +guns
Steve

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Strawdawg wrote:when I pushed a cleaning rod against it, a 1/4" "plug" of acorn chips fell out. How in the heck they got into the barrel and made a plug about 6" from the muzzle, I don't know.
Wow, good catch. Nothing like ballooning a barrel off a new rifle!
Michael
Strawdawg

Post by Strawdawg »

Yep, it scared the heck out of me...a good safety reminder to not assume the barrel is clear
Steve

pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I unfailingly check for barrel obstructions before & after each shooting.
Damage to the gun I can fix but last time I checked I didn't come with any spare parts.
Getting a face full of steel & trading the gun for a white cane is not a scenario I want to be a part of.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA