Got my Skinner sights.

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Gabby

Got my Skinner sights.

Post by Gabby »

Friday my Skinner barrel mount sight came in. My made the a fatal mistake when taking off the factory rear factory sight. I did remember to lift the sight up and remove the elevator leaf. However I forgot to place a shim under the rear sight when I tapped the factory sight out. Geer what a ugly little scrape on the barrel it made. The new sight doesn't cover it either. I will say one thing those brass Skinner sights are a very attractive addition to my 24 inch octagon barreled 92. I thought I might have a little problem with the rear peep being so far from my eye but it works beautiful. The original sights where so bad I couldn't shoot better than 4 inch groups at 50 yards. I am proud to say my groups have closed up to 1 inch now at 50 yards. That is not on a bench either just leaning against a truck door. For most shooting needs the factory front sight is great but for late evening hunts I'm going to need a fiber optic front sight.
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Got my Skinner sights.

Post by Rooster59 »

Good news Gabby. I prefer an aperture rear sight closer to my eye but when it isn't feasible or available the barrel mount position does work.

I've used the Williams WDOS with an aperture but the Skinner model is much better designed and stronger built.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I have one as well on a 357 Mag, it is a very nice sight that shoots very well!
Michael
pacificpt

Post by pacificpt »

I have the stainless Skinner sights on my stainless 44 Magnum with the 20" barrel. Not only do they look good, I also found they made shooting tighter groups much easier.