Super light trigger pull...

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Sosoomi

Super light trigger pull...

Post by Sosoomi »

I just installed the Gunslinger spring kit from Brownell's.... This is the 4th kit I have installed in 2- .357's, a .44 w 24" octagonal barrel and in this case... A .44 mag...SS 16" barrel...

From the factory the trigger is about 4 lbs.... On the last .357 I did I got a trigger of a hair under 2 lbs....

Today, I got 0.5 lbs..... I tad light for my liking..... The hammer strike seems light too! I reinstalled the factory spring but once you are used to a slick action it really sucks...you can hear and feel as the trigger engages the hammer... Yuck..

Anyhow... The good news.... It cycles the .44 M cases just fine..... Five coats of tru oil and the wood looks great...

Has anyone else had this issue? Could I have gotten a bad spring from Brownell? I wrote them but don't expect an answer right away...

Cheers...
ironhead7544
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Super light trigger pull...

Post by ironhead7544 »

I modified the trigger spring as in the stevesgunz video and used a 19 pound main spring for a Ruger Super Blackhawk for the hammer spring. Came out at a crisp 2 lbs.

You might need a different combination of springs to get what you want.
Sosoomi

Post by Sosoomi »

Well...this morning I removed the original trigger spring that I had reinstalled...ground it down AKA Steves Gunz video...clipped a few coils off the hammer spring...reassembled and according to my trigger pull elastic band... I got about 8 inches of pull.... Haha... I estimate that to be around 2 lbs but will check it out at my local go to gunstore today!

It can be frustrating but all in all it's fun and very satisfying to complete the project successfully!
popplecop

Post by popplecop »

Mine from the factory is crisp and at 4 lbs. just right for me. Mine is in 45C and will be used for deer in thick woods and for hogs in the marsh is Southern Louisiana.