The Wizard Takes One Down!

Whether plinking or chasing big game, tell us about your day outdoors!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Wizard Takes One Down!

Post by Ranch Dog »

Missionary wrote:Good morning and well done Mike !
Has to be a well civilised pig population to be roaming backyards like that.
Naah, they are pretty unruly... just a big yard!
Rooster59 wrote:However, I am struggling with the mental image of Mike in his shorts, bed hair (?), in a driving rain, hog hunting in the yard in the wee hours.
My hair is pretty short so no "bed hair"...does that help :?
Michael
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

Nice bacon in the making RD I like your refinished wood stock too but bought three Rossi combos all with black synthetic stocks with remove able combs. They are easy to remove and replace (2 screws) so can't complain .
Rossi has too many options with combos in non wizard and wizard designs. They should have stayed with one design length receiver and put all barrels available on that receiver. I ended up buying 243 , 30-06, 17hmr in combos with 20 and 12 ga bbls. I also bought a wizard 270 bbl I thought might fit 30-06 but wrong.
Originally I saw advertisement showing wizard with pistol bbls like t/c contender and encore. I was hoping they would sell those here but it has n't happened yet. I guess the market isn't big enough. Maybe that market is saturated with eBay sales and all.
Anyway I should get some action with 243/30-06 combos this season. They are as light as 30-30 win and as short too
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Rossi has really over complicated the choice of a Single Shot against the Wizard. They could go a long ways in correcting that.
Michael