My '92's will be going through some changes !

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Maximumbob54
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: My '92's will be going through some changes !

Post by Maximumbob54 »

If you wanted better fit and finish then you should have bought a new Marlin like I did. That way you can bruise your knuckles trying to feed the cartridge in, get a jam as it won’t feed, clear the jam, deal with the twenty pound creepy trigger pull, miss the target by an unknown amount since the sights are so far off, bruise you knuckles some more trying to eject the empty, get a stove pipe for a jam, clear the jam only to have the action lock up on you. But the fit and finish looks a lot better with the wood to metal fit. I’m so happy with that gun I could spit and fart at the same time. Meanwhile the R92 .44 mag has been nothing but good to me to the point I’m looking forward to spending some time with it making it look a little better.
wll

Post by wll »

Maximumbob54 wrote:If you wanted better fit and finish then you should have bought a new Marlin like I did. That way you can bruise your knuckles trying to feed the cartridge in, get a jam as it won’t feed, clear the jam, deal with the twenty pound creepy trigger pull, miss the target by an unknown amount since the sights are so far off, bruise you knuckles some more trying to eject the empty, get a stove pipe for a jam, clear the jam only to have the action lock up on you. But the fit and finish looks a lot better with the wood to metal fit. I’m so happy with that gun I could spit and fart at the same time. Meanwhile the R92 .44 mag has been nothing but good to me to the point I’m looking forward to spending some time with it making it look a little better.
Sorry to hear of all those problems, sounds like Marlin is using Rossi employee rejucts to assemble their guns !

Yes, My Rossi, is in need of a redone gun stock and I'm working on finding the right paint. When I do I will redo both of my '92 stocks and be done with it !

I'll keep you posted.

wll
calan

Post by calan »

If you are wanting a "pebbly", DIY bedliner type of finish that is indestructible, go with Herculiner. It truly is indestructible and way above any other bed liner in the food chain (from the ones I've tried), but I don't know if it comes in a green color. If nothing else, you could probably use it for the coating, and then spray it with something like Duplicolor engine enamel or wheel coating.

If you want a finer grain, just don't stir the grit up as much (it settles in the bottom of the can). It is messy though; if it gets on your clothes you have new shop rags.